Saturday, November 26, 2016

Scrappy Saturday Spools #4


For the rest of the year, I am really trying to finish my scrappy spools quilt. You can read more about it in my post from the beginning of the month here. The picture does not reflect the effort, but it was a lot of thinking to get those bottom blocks right!
Once I finished the bottom of the quilt and filled in the setting blocks with spools and neutral squares, I moved over to the grey and black spools on the top right of the quilt edge.
Major progress! 
Here it is so far. I am really happy with it! You can see how it is bigger than my biggest design wall! There is only the bottom right corner to sort out now!

It's hard to keep focused on this huge project and I am constantly distracted by other more fun projects I could be working on. 

Wow I am easily distracted! 
Squirrel! 
Must keep focused!
To see more RSC finishes, hop over to the weekly linky party.

21 comments:

KaHolly said...

You have such incredible stick-to-it-iveness! I see a ton of work here, and it's absolutely stunning!

Peggyinno said...

Chase that squirrel away! You NEED to finish this! Absolutely beautiful! Great work!!!

Ariane said...

You are so close to having your top together!! It's looking amazing!! Keep it up! You are almost there!

beaquilter said...

your blocks are great and love how the quilt is coming together! squirrel too!- Hey, I have several projects going on at the same time often, it's boring if I don't ;)

piecefulwendy said...

This quilt is really coming together and it is fabulous! What a fun accomplishment! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Love it!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, beautiful work!

Nana said...

I love the way you are grouping the colors as you go.....makes a very unique pattern.

gayle said...

I've been admiring yours and Cathy's spools quilts, and you're both making them look sooooo tempting. So, yay? Another squirrel for me?

Cathy said...

Love your spools! I would not have been able to keep them in the right place if I tried this with mine! No design wall here except for a little old cutting board propped against the wall with some batting on it for small picture taking. So congrats to you for keeping it all together!!!

Needled Mom said...

That is going to be stunning.

Paula said...

Impressive! Thanks for sharing your work with us and letting us know it's okay to be distracted.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Oh My, I just had to cut and paste that ADDS photo. Boy does it describe me!!!!!! I'm constantly distracted.

Deanna W said...

Lately I have had ADDs too.....squirreling all over the place.
bahaha

Janet O. said...

This is incredible, Kathy. The fact that you have actually made all these proves you have much more stick-to-it-ive-ness than I ever will!

Katie Z. said...

You're doing an amazing job!

Jennie in GA said...

It is wonderful ...and what a lot of work. Keeping on track is SO HARD!! Good luck with that.

Missy Shay said...

It is looking great! I have quilts that I get distracted from easily too.

PaulaB quilts said...

No squirrels allowed in your sewing room! Best of luck in getting this fantastic top finished.

Sally Trude said...

As someone with no medical training whatsoever, I must disagree with your diagnosis. My observations suggest that you have AQPCD: Amazing Quilt Prolific Creation Disorder. P.S. No payment required.

Kate said...

A gorgeous RSC project. You've gotten a lot done. My challenge is getting the layout right, so you've gotten the hardest part done.