Tuesday, November 01, 2016

November UFO

Well, I made a lot of progress on my October UFO goal, but whether I reached my goal or not is debatable!
I wanted to get my Votes For Women blocks into a quilt top. I did get the block layout done, and I did get them sewn into 3 sections. I decided to machine quilt the sections separately and then join them in a quilt-as-you-go method.
But I never got going on the quilting part because I got distracted by all the other fun things happening in the sewing studio. It's all good!
So my goal for November will be to get the machine quilting done on the 3 panels. 
Check out the other UFO goals for November over at One Monthly Goal.

12 comments:

Judy Dietrich said...

I love your setting of all these blocks!! It looks spectacular & was a lot of work to get here!! I hope you meet your new goal, because this needs to a quilt!! I always learn so much from the quilt historian, Miss Barbara Brackman. She makes history come to life. We go to the polls, soon, here in the states. It really wasn't that long ago, that we got the right to vote!! I plan to use my vote!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Every time you mention Votes for Women, I think of the bit from Mary Poppins.

Mary said...

Lots of progress. Have fun on the quilting. Timely Votes for Women. Gotta get my ballot filled out and mailed.

Ariane said...

It's looking great! Progress is progress!! As long as you are moving forward it's a win in my books!

Kevin the Quilter said...

I would love for you to show your technique for joining the 3 panels together?

Kimberly Smith said...

So beautiful!

Janet O. said...

I'd say that is close enough. Really looks good, even if you didn't use the dark sashing. *LOL*

Patty said...

Your quilt is lovely. I did that same QAL! Good luck with your goal and thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal!

Deb A said...

Good luck! Mine still needs a few seams sewn together... I'm thinking I should have quilted it in parts like you are doing. I hope to get mine done by the end of the year...... but a baby quilt really needs to get sewn up this month for a future grand nephew or niece.

Karen said...

You got a lot done even if this piece is not quilted yet. I have lots of quilt tops that need finishing.

Kate said...

The setting you chose works really well. You made a lot of progress this month. Good luck with your November goal.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful quilt...