Monday, June 30, 2014

Design Wall Monday - Market Day

I had a whole day off yesterday! No work, no lawn cutting, no housework, no medical appointments, no laundry, no errands, no shopping, no cooking ... nothing except quilting. That hardly ever happens in life, but I made it happen yesterday.  What a treat to have a 1 day holiday from the busyness of life!

So I finally got started on Pam Buda's Sew-along
And not only that, I was able to get completely caught up. I am doing the miniature size of course, and really appreciate when mystery quilt writers give us the choice to make it in miniature... so fun!

I made my version in completely different fabric, using up scraps from my Journey of a Quilter. Instead of red and blue, I am using green and pink. 
These blocks are 2", so each step was completed quickly.
The only block I dislike is the center one, so I'm going to change that one.
This is the layout I came up with for the blocks made so far,
but I am sure that this will not be Pam's layout. She will have something more creative in mind to surprise us!
We will find out on Friday.
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

17 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

Mary said...

I like your Guess on Market Day. The colors are nice, good to use up your scraps always!

Jo said...

What a great day. I can't believe these blocks are only 2 inches. Well done.
I can't wait to see what you do next.

Gina said...

Looks great. I love that the plain pink border extends out into the other borders xx

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm saving the steps for her Sew-Along. I just don't have time to work on it now, but I want to. I have picked out the fabrics I want to use, so there's no excuse for me to not get to it at some point. I can't wait to see what your finished Market Day will look like ... loving it so far.

Nell's Quilts said...

I just love the spark the little block in the centre gives. If this is close to her final layout I think it would be perfect but it's not my quilt and it has to make you happy. What a perfect day you must have had yesterday.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

My favorite color combo. I have a thing for pink and green! I love the pattern with the pinwheels and nine patches.

Judy D in WA said...

What a perfect day! Glad you were able to do nothing but quilt.
I love your Market Day..I've only been saving the steps but now I want to start it.

dq said...

Mystery quilts are so fun! It will be fun to see what you end up with.

Terry said...

Your blocks look great! And lucky you having a day off from the busyness of life! I need a sewing day like that! :0)

Needled Mom said...

I love that color combination and that looks wonderful.

Janet O. said...

Oh, you inspire me, Kathy! I find myself with a day that had been full of appointments, but now it is empty. I do have a little housework, but other than that I am going to scurry to see how much of Market Day I can accomplish. Your layout is very creative. It will be fun to see if you are anywhere close. : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Now I like your setting - I am doing the smaller version too. Can't wait to put it all together.

Andee said...

How fun! I love mystery quilt and minis...cannot wait to see this finished!

margaret said...

can`t beat a stitching day, I am so lucky, retired(old) and living on my own I get quite a few says when I just stitch. (After catching up on the blogs I follow of course) Block looks good, green and pink work so well together

Bonnie said...

Great colors. And, wow! 2" blocks. They look great. Isn't it wonderful to be able sew all day long if you want. It's why I like retirement so much!

Kate said...

Such tiny blocks! What a great way to use up left overs.