Thursday, June 05, 2014

Quilt Canada Countdown

Only a few more days until my birthday present to myself - attending Quilt Canada!  I am very excited since I haven't attended Quilt Canada since 2008 and I had a spectacular time at that event!
This year it is closer to home, and will not involve extensive travel and touring, so it will be all about quilting.
It was really difficult to narrow down which classes to take since they all looked like fun. But I finally decided to take two classes -  a one day class with Pippa Moore on sewing paper pieced points and arcs (so I can finish one of my more challenging, older UFO's!) and a two day class with Cheryl Arkison on improv piecing (using up scraps - yah!)
Now I have to figure out what fabrics to bring. Don't
you always find that the fabric that you leave at home is exactly what you need in the class?!? What about if I just bring these two scrap bags to class?!? Anyone out there in blogland going to Quilt Canada?

10 comments:

SandraC said...

Yes, a few of my friends from guild and I are going and are getting sooo excited! At our meeting the other day, the room was just buzzing with excitement. We are from the Norfolk guild in Vittoria, where you have done a trunk show which resulted in more than a few of us following your blog!

Christine said...

Hi, Kathy: I will see you at Quilt Canada in Cheryl's Fri/Sat workshop! I pulled my fabric yesterday so the fun can begin!

Teresa Rawson said...

Have a great time...sounds like GREAT classes to take!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that sounds like fun and if it were me I would bring more scraps than I thought I would need just to have what I will need

Deanna W said...

Have fun, although I am unable to attend this year, DH says after he is retired I can go to all the quilt shows. Barb and Louise will be around I am sure!
Always take more than you need and you will have all you need!!!

Janet O. said...

Sounds like you won't be lonely--and I hope the classes you signed up for are just what you expect, and more!

Mary said...

Sounds like lots of FUN! Enjoy!!! I'll be waiting to see what you do with your Scraps.

Chantal said...

Unfortunately, I wont be able to attend. Wish you a lot of fun with friends (old and new) and with fabric. Hope you bring back lots of pics to share. :^) Enjoy!

Rebecca in AK said...

I hope you have a great time and enjoy your classes!

Mary said...

Yes, after you blogged about it I had to sign up. Since I live in the same city it would be inconceivable to miss out. Taking Gail Garber's two day class Wed/Thur.