Sunday, June 08, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching - Embroidery

From Happyologist
It's finally Sunday - a day of rest, reflection, and renewal. 
Is your day packed full of things you have to do and places that you have to go?
Same as everyday?
Well...Winnie the Pooh is reminding you that today can be your favorite day!
Slow down, breathe, live in the moment, and make time for some slow stitching.

Today I will be embroidering a few more stitches on my "Do small things with great love" stitchery. It is a free pattern from Nana Company that is still available - click here. I like the combination of stitches - backstitch, daisy stitch, and some french knots. 
If you are looking for some stitchery patterns to try, here are two more:
*here is a free Adventure BOM with really cute original designs symbolizing various travel destinations in the world
* this is a brand new redwork pattern just released on Friday called "When life gives you scraps" over at The Painted Quilt.
Enjoy your slow stitches today! Link up your hand stitching blog post below and tell us about your project.




15 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

The embroidery is just lovely :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love that embroidery! I'm thinking it might make a nice center for a wall quilt.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Lovely embroidery links! I always look forward to Slow Stitching Sundays.

Cathy said...

Winnie the Pooh has a lot of good advice.

Cute embroidery.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely embroidery - I think I might be working on hexies and cutting some patchwork today - looks like another rainy day

Kate said...

Very pretty embroidery project. I love the Pooh quote, he's such a wise little bear.

Teresa in Music City said...

This is one of my favorite sayings!!! I wish I were slow stitching today, but too much else on the agenda. I'm finishing up the organization for my studio, and there are few small projects that need to get finished and off my To Do list :) I plan to take it easy though and enjoy the process.... Happy Sunday!!!!

Chantal said...

It is definitively the month of yellow scraps : LOVE your header. Beautiful embroidery. Have to check these freebies. I would really like to learn how to do embroideries.

Ellen said...

Your embroidery is very cute! I will be working on hand stitching down more binding tonight.

audrey said...

Sunday is the one day a week that is different for us--all about church, family and friends. Sometimes I can get a lot of quilting time in and others, not a single drop. I guess that part is seasonal. This time of year always seems to be filled with graduation parties, showers, weddings etc.:) Great to see your embroidery!

margaret said...

I must make time for some hand stitching as when I do it I so enjoy it, hardanger is my first choice and I know I have a piece on the go somewhere. if I can find it I will join in with you.

Jill said...

Yummy summer heading. Love Pooh's saying. Perhaps I should add the book to my summer reading list. The embroidery pattern is good for beginners and for me that needs to refresh my stitches.

Janet O. said...

Love classic Pooh!
That is a sweet little stitchery pattern.

CathieJ said...

Oh I like that saying.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Kathy I have highlighted this post and your Sunday Linky at my Tuesday Archives linky this week!! Stop by and grab yourself a highlighted button! Val:) http://myplvl.blogspot.com/2014/07/tuesday-archives-20-elephants-embroidery.html