Sunday, June 01, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

Have you seen the series that Caron Mosey wrote on the Celebrate Hand Quilting Blog? It covers every topic you'd ever want to learn about - from needles and thread, to batting and hoops. The posts are well worth the time to read through if you're interested in hand quilting.
This week I have returned to hand quilting my version of "Always Home". It is the perfect size for a take-along project. I have almost finished quilting the middle section of houses. 
It looks like there are a few windows and one section of trees left to quilt.

I have really enjoyed quilting these little scrappy squares.

I am not stitching much in the area of the words so far, just one single line underneath. I'm not sure what else to do in that space above the trees and houses. We'll see...
What are you working on today? Link up your blog post below and tell us about your hand stitching project.





17 comments:

Jill said...

I also recommed the Celebrate Hand Quilting series. Informative. Your hand stitches are neat and tidy on the plaid fabrics. During the summer months, it is good to have a portable project as we all tend to be on the go more in the nice weather.

julieQ said...

Very pretty slow stitching!! You know I love those plaids!!

Lesley said...

Such a pretty little quilt...love seeing the homespuns!

Ellen said...

So nice to have a smaller more portable quilting project for the summer months - and cute too!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have a homespun quilt I made last year with baskets on it. I am looking forward to quilting it this winter. Your hand quilting is really bring this alive. Maybe some clouds or stars above those houses

Deb A said...

Love Carla's idea of clouds or stars. I immediately though of waves for some wind currents. Beautiful job hand quilting on that cute little quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

she is giving great advice to beginner hand quilters for sure. Love your quilt and the stitching looks great. I didn't do a hand stitching post today so I will link tomorrow instead.

Missy Shay said...

That is one of my favorite quilts!
I have been enjoying those articles also, they have been a real help to me!

Judy D in WA said...

LOVE this one! I love scrappy plaid anything!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

working on editing photos of my son's wedding / taking a break and came over to see some stitching :)

Rebecca in AK said...

I love your 'Always Home' quilt! Especially the homespun fabrics you used! Thank you so much for the links!

Melissa said...

Such gorgeous stitching! I have only had quilted a couple projects but it always feels so therapeutic when I take the time to do it!

sophie said...

Thanks for sharing the link to the hand quilting series. I can't say why I keep putting off hand-quilting one of my quilts ... maybe reading through those posts will help me find my way ...

Your quilt is so charming and, as always, your hand-quilting is lovely and inspiring.

Janet O. said...

I'd forgotten about this cute project. I'm glad you pulled it out again for us to see. Your quilting looks wonderful!

margaret said...

just what I need as I have an 18" circular cushion I want to hand quilt so will pop over and follow the blog. Your quilt is looking lovely, rather like just the one wavvy line under the writing

Teresa Rawson said...

I love your hand quilting project...the plaids are so cool (I have a tub of those screaming at me to make them into a project...). They make the best scrappy projects. Your stitches are beautiful...

kelley said...

love your scrappy piece...and hand quilting too...my fingers are yearning for needle and thread...