Thursday, June 26, 2014

Blocks for Quilts of Valour

A friend bought some "hug mugs" at Quilt Canada that had a pattern and some fabric inside to make a block for Quilts of Valour.  Very Canadian looking fabrics, eh?
I didn't see these being sold in the vendor area, and she didn't remember exactly where she got them, so we can't track down more.  My friend bought four of the hug mugs and here are the finished blocks. I will put them in the mail tomorrow to be part of this group effort.
I was able to find more information here about the collection of "hug blocks" if you are interested in participating.

11 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love those four blocks! And I love the concept of a "hug mug".

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely fabric. Did I spot it at Greenwood at one time?

Deanna W said...

I think my local shop has this line of fabric...maybe we could make more blocks!! I will check for our retreat!! Our soldiers need quilts too!

Janet O. said...

Very cool Canadian themed fabrics. I'll admit that on my many trips to Canada I have shied away from the fabric stores. After seeing the prices the first time I entered one I think I needed resuscitating and from then on I didn't step foot inside any for fear of repeating the experience. But my MIL is from Canada, and I wonder if she would love a quilt made from fabrics like that. : )

Needled Mom said...

Those are great blocks! Love the fabrics.

Terri said...

Love the colors and patterns.
Hugs

Mary said...

I picked one up in the vendor mall at Quilt Canada. They were on an exterior wall, I think down the far end, near the guy with books. I of course ( the ultimate procrastinator) have not finished mine , yet. I love the mug. And got the Maple Leaf block, since I have never done one before. I think Sew Sisters has more of this fabric.

Chantal said...

They are very Canadian fabric. I have to keep my eyes open to get me some of that. Lovely little blocks ...uh.. hug mugs!

Joanne said...

The fabric is Northcott. Canadian Quilts of Valour did the hug mug thing and they ran out so you may have been by after they sold out.

Sandi said...

Love the fabric, especially the dark maple leaf material. Wonder if they will bring the fabric back out. Nicely done blocks. Simple and pretty.

Gina said...

Great idea. I love the name hug mug xx