Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Singing Quilter



We had The Singing Quilter Cathy Miller and her husband John at our guild meeting last night. What a wonderful evening of quilty entertainment! I laughed a lot about the crazy things that we quilters do!


From :Penguin Foundation

I liked the song about the knitted sweaters for penguins! Who knew it was a real thing?!? (click here to read about it)  And you can hear a version of this song (click here) performed by the songwriter James Gordon, who happens to be running in the current provincial election, and who dropped by the meeting to hear Cathy sing his song!

Check out this YouTube video of Cathy singing "You Can Quilt That Out". The long arm quilters in our group especially loved that one!



And now, I am heading off to Quilt Canada. I am so excited but I'll tell you that I have agonized over the class supply lists. I hope I have everything I will need. If you see me at Quilt Canada, please say 'hi', since I'm always preoccupied and a little overwhelmed at these events and won't notice anything but quilts!

18 comments:

Jo said...

I have knitting for penguins too
http://jobutterfield.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/more-penguin-jumpers.html

Raewyn said...

Sounds like such a lot of fun - and now you have more adventures coming up!

Ellen said...

I bet that was the best guild meeting!

Have a great time at Quilt Canada you lucky girl!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Sounded like a wonderful meeting and enjoy your venture.

Lesley said...

You will have a wonderful time at Quilt Canada! Enjoy!

Teresa Rawson said...

Enjoy!!! (and take pictures...)

Deanna W said...

Love Cathy Miller! She came to guild in Sudbury a few years ago. Always an entertaining evening. Enjoy quilt Canada, won't be seeing you but looking forward to July. Hope you are still coming. Check your emails.

Your Northern Blog Stalker!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

We had Cathy perform at our guild quilt show a few years ago. She is so funny and the lyrics are so clever(and true!). I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the show.

Missy Shay said...

My husband walked in while I was listening to the video and said "who sings about quilts"? LOL He really was not very surprised. :)

Teresa in Music City said...

Hilarious!!! I'd heard the song before, but it is always fun to hear it again :)

Mary said...

Is Cathy Canadian too? How fun for your Guild. I used that song for a Slideshow I did of the Pictures I took at Sisters one year. Gotta find it and watch it again. what does the 'Delagate' mean on your name tag? Do you have an election at the Quilt Canada? Have a great time!!

audrey said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! People can be so amusing.:)

Rebecca in AK said...

What a fun guild meeting! Hope you have a great time at Quilt Canada!!

Jill said...

Have fun at Quilt Canada. Look forward to, hopefully, reading a post or two about it.

Janet O. said...

Thanks for the quality entertainment and have a great time at Quilt Canada! : )

Kate said...

Thanks for the smiles, it's hard not to with those two songs.

Enjoy Quilt Canada!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

ENJOY! :)

Judy D in WA said...

Sounds like a fun meeting. Have fun at Quilt Canada. Can't wait to see pictures and read reports. :)