Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Uh oh!

I have been working like a dog (that's a weird saying, cause my dog is the laziest creature I know!) on my word quilt. After saying that I didn't want the pressure of deadlines, I am trying to finish my word quilt for my posting tomorrow for the "In Your Words"  blog hop.
Just look at this border attachment issue!! Do you think I can ease in that fullness??!? OMG!!!
Isn't that just the way it goes when you are rushing... nothing fits together properly!
Here's a sneak peak...you'll have to come back tomorrow to see if I have finished this monstrosity! 
I plan to quilt it during a demo of machine quilting at guild meeting tonight! And then bind it after that!
I crack myself up with the crazy things I do!

10 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my Kathy! You're too funny! Why do we do this to ourselves? You're definitely not alone - I get myself in deadline crunches all the time, and swear to myself I'll never do it again every time :*D Looking forward to seeing your quilt!

Ellen said...

Where would we be without deadlines - nothing would get accomplished.

You certainly have put the pressure on. Good thing you have a good sense of humour!

Janet O. said...

I'm all for deadlines as motivation, but sometimes we make them ridiculously close, don't we?
Good luck getting this done as scheduled. Looking forward to seeing it.

kadyb said...

Paperweights in multiple colorways! Do you have every color? I think I must be trying to collect yardage in every color. I love that fabric. And yes, I totally understand about creating stress for yourself by building hard-to-meet deadlines. Good luck - I'm sure you'll work it out!

carla said...

Hi!!! It is looking good!!! Love your easy street too!!!!

Diane Kelsey said...

No pressure then? Looking forward to the finished quilt.

Cheryl said...

I hope Kathy mentions in her blogpost that not only did she bring her quilt to the guild demo night.... but ....after 95% of the people had gone home she was still sewing away....trying to get some more machine quilting done .... why stop when the machine is all set up and you're on a roll!!!

SIMPLESEW said...

to bad, sorry you didnt finish, but I like the Quote about your dog being lazy and your right..

Nancy M. said...

all that free thinking, no pattern etc and you have yourself a really cute quilt. thanks

Jane's Quilting said...

Looking good so far, can't wait till see it done.