Wednesday, January 23, 2013

National Polka Dot Day

Yesterday was National Polka Dot Day and I didn't even learn about it until today. I missed the chance to celebrate one of my favorite things!
I read about it over at Nifty Quilts... what great eye candy! And for more polka dot enjoyment, visit Barbara Brackman's blog and Carol's Polka Dot Chicken blog.

It seems like a perfect day to share my two favorite polka dot quilts. 

I made the stars wallhanging for the Dots on Dots blog hop,  and the Disappearing 9 Patch was made for my daughter's bed a few years ago...all pink and purple dot fabrics, with circular quilting designs.
Hope I get to play with some polka dots after work tonight...how about you? Did you miss the celebration on the 22nd?  Well, now you know...go get out your dots!

11 comments:

Beth said...

I will get this on my calendar for next year!! There is just something "happy" and "playful" to me about 'dots :)

Ellen said...

I didn't actually wear polka dots but I went to the dermatologist and had all of my spots and dots checked. Kind of funny now that I think about it!

Janet O. said...

I can't believe you weren't a part of the celebration because you are the dottiest quilter I know! Wait--that doesn't sound right! : )

Kathy said...

I love polka dots! Your quilts are wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Katie said...

I missed out on polka dots day to -- bummer because I have many dotted fabrics that I may still showcase. I do love that dissapearing nine that you did it's so cheerful.

Gari in AL said...

Oh, I wish I had known. I have one polka dot quilt (came out of the dryer yesterday) that I love and I would have loved to have shown it off again. Maybe next year.

AnnieO said...

Dots are a perennial favorite with me! Two quilts I'm working on right now will have dotted bindings :) I love dots in any color and mourn when I use the last of a most favorite and irreplacable one! Your dotty quilts are great!

Teresa in Music City said...

Well dang! I miss it too! And I LOVE polka dots!!! Must put it on my calendar for next year :*D

Karen said...

I did see something yesterday about Polka Dot Day but I didn't get a chance to read what it was about. I think everyone likes a polka dot style fabric.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Polka dot day!! I love it!

glen

Kate said...

Completely missed polka dot day.

Love the photo in your new banner. Nicely done!