Sunday, January 06, 2013

First Design Wall Post 2013 - Easy Street

What is on the design wall at the beginning of the New Year?  A mystery quilt of course!
I actually have two mysteries on the go, but have put up some blocks on the design wall to see how my Easy Street quilt is coming along.
These blocks are really fun to sew...like making jigsaw puzzles with 77 pieces each! 
Here are four of the 'A' Blocks... love how the colours work together! Only 12 more of these to sew.
WAIT! I just spotted a mistake...ugh! Well, I have a bit of unsewing to I guess!
I decided to do some strip piecing of partial units just for fun, so eventually the blocks will come together quickly, but for now, I'm just playing with the block piles. FUN!
Here are the 4 'A' blocks with the corners, and 4 of the side triangles.
There is a lot of sewing still to do on this quilt. I haven't sewn any of the nine 'B ' blocks that I will need yet.
Hop over to Quiltville and see how the other mystery quilters are getting on with their quilts. Then hop over to Patchwork Times to see more design wall postings.

27 comments:

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Very cute! Nice bright colors!

Ruth said...

I love your color choices. It is beautiful!

Janet O. said...

Is it a gray 4-patch turned the wrong way? At least it isn't in the center of a large block. Looking good!
I'm still on step #1. I'm so speedy! : )

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Ooh I love the colors and the black and whites! I have some of that BLAH BLAH fabric, and just love it! :) Can't wait to see this finished. Happy New Year!

Mary said...

Yep, lots of little pieces and she calls it EASY Street...It took me a while to see the Boo boo. That's an easy fix. I love my box of Easy Street parts. I'm glad I played along. Now to remember how to put that list on the sidebar of my Blog. It's going to be fun to see all the link-ups today. Have a great week!

Ellen said...

It is definitely a gorgeous quilt. I didn't have the time to participate this year but I did save the instructions for later!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous blocks! The colors pop off the page. Well done!

Dee said...

I really like your black and white backgrounds. They blend right in together. I think some of mine are a bit bold and stand out a little too much, but I'm sure it will be fine in the end.

Judy D in WA said...

Thanks for finding your mistake, I double checked mine and found my mistakes. :) We are going to have such awesome quilts!!!

Teresa in Music City said...

Looking good Kathy! Those pesky 4-patches gave me a few un-stitching moments too :*) I think this is my favorite Bonnie Mystery yet!

CraftyGardenMom - Tanesha said...

You're doing great, and I like your fabric choices.

Bonnie said...

Terrific...

Cheryl Willis said...

beautiful!

Linda said...

You're so much farther along than I am. It's looking real good

julieQ said...

Just gorgeous, Kathy!! Love those pretty colors...yum!

Anonymous said...

You're not too far away! I love the pinky pops of colour - very pretty and the whole quilt will be gorgeous.

Beth in MN said...

Love the colors! Sorry about the "design opportunity" but since I have had to pick out rows a few times because they were turned the wrong way, I sure can understand the frustration when that happens.

Chris said...

Looks great.

Frances Meredith said...

I love looking at the scraps in your quilt, I see you have a lovely purple Kaffe Fasett print in there.

AnnieO said...

Lots of these ES quilts being shown all over. Bonnie's reveal of the full quilt was gorgeous. Yours is looking equally terrific.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Keep going - the end result is really worth it. (I don't see your mistake so it must not be a big one.)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty indeed and you have a very dramatic color scheme. I love it.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Colors on this are FANTASTIC! :)

Karen said...

Your blocks look great. Don't feel bad. I made the same mistake. Only I didn't see it until the blocks were sewn into a top. I debated not fixing the four patch, but it's just too noticeable in this pattern.

Unknown said...

Great job! You're much further along than I am. :)

Katie said...

stunning

~Deb Lindley said...

Such pretty colors - your quilt should be gorgeous when it's all finished, I'll be anxious to see this one, too!
~Deb