Monday, January 21, 2013

Design Wall Monday and Mid Month UFO Report

For 2013, I signed up for the "Lovely Year of Finishes" and it is time for the mid-month report (here and here) ...yikes!
Okay...true confessions time. 
I did not even look at this UFO until I knew it was time for the mid-month report, and not wanting to be a UFO deadbeat and report a complete lack of progress to something I just committed myself to do, I stitched on the square borders real quick! 
Pathetic, I know!
This is an old photo, so the quilt looks a little different today, but I took away that light flannel strip on the top and bottom (too distracting) and am just adding the dark border, cut as wide as I have enough flannel for. I plan to use up both the green and the blue flannels.
I did also buy some flannel FQ's to stitch together for a backing, so that is also a bit of progress.
Will I have it done by the end of the month?
Of course! (she says hopefully!)
What else is distracting me?!? The Dare to Dresden blog hop starts this week, and I don't have my project finished yet! My day to post isn't until January 29th, so I still have some time. It has been fun playing with some reproduction scraps to make my little Dresden...so far the blades look like tiny little boats! 
Hop over to Patchwork Times to see the projects other quilters are working on today (I have no idea why my link is posted twice there?!?)

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Glad the UFO challenge is working for you. Sometimes the motivation of a deadline is just what we need.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have a list of little projects, mostly gifts, and some nearly finished quilts to finish before I can start a new project...I am trying to stay focused but the new project keeps calling my name.... good luck finishing your UFO!

Janet O. said...

Well, you have made progress on the snowball piece. That is something. : )
Good call taking off the lighter border strips. I agree with your assessment. Doesn't that make you feel better?
I've never made a Dresden, so those little boats fascinate me. I'm anxious to see them evolve.

Rhonda said...

Any progress is progress in my book!!!

Anonymous said...

your snowball quilt is wonderful. I love the idea of the dark borders to finish it. And I agree your dresden blades do look like boats. Enjoy your year of finishes!

Linda said...

I love the snowball center. This will be a lovely quilt. I made a quilt with the snowball center like this a few years ago and it's my favorite quilt. It hangs on my living room wall and I look at all the time.

Your dresdens do look like little boats. Too cute! I just found out about your Slow Stitch Sunday, I might have to join you on that one! Have a great week, and I hope you get lots done!

AnnieO said...

Those little report deadlines do help :) Your dresden boats are cute :)

Sylvia said...

Good luck with your finishs this year!

Teresa in Music City said...

Hahaha! I say anything that gets us busy finishing up those UFO's is a good thing, right? I've got a few goals I'm scrambling to finish up this month too. And I'm on the schedule for Dare to Dresden the same day you are - woohoo! I'm still working on my project too ... well, actually I'm playing on the computer and reading blog posts :*D I think I'd better get off here and get busy!

Lesley said...

You have some great projects here...love the snowballs!

JoEllen said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I have to tell you how much I LOVE your header! It's a perfect picture!