Friday, January 18, 2013

Strange beginnings

Have you ever been inspired to make a quilt because of a song?  

This is the beginning of the "Wonky Donkey" Quilt... 
donkeys and boots!


My friend Nicki gave us the Wonky Donkey book for Christmas a few years ago and introduced me to this crazy song. 

Then my friend Barb found a quilt pattern of the same name, and just had to buy it, so a new quilt project was born!  I hope to find a couple of "go with" fabrics from the stash and cut up the fabric to sew into a Wonky Donkey quilt at retreat in February.
Hop over to the youtube video and listen to the song and see if you are inspired to start a Wonky Donkey quilt?!?
Beware...it's a "brain worm" song... you'll be singing it all day long!




Sometimes new things come together in life in such a creative and bizarre way. 


Maybe this will be the theme of 2013!?!

Hee Haw!

10 comments:

Barb said...

What a riot! I loved your fun post.
The song is so funny despite his poor disabilities. ha ha
thanks for laugh and I can't wait to see your quilt.

cajunquilter said...

How funny! Can't wait to see the quilt you make!

Sheila said...

Loved the tune! Thanks for a post that put a big smile on my face this cold sunny morning :D

Elaine M said...

LOL! So funny. Must find this book for a birthday party tomorrow. Going to look for donkey fabric. Thanks for the smile today.

AnnieO said...

The donkey fabric is too cute! and the boots! Enjoy :)

maureen said...

You made my day!! Thanks for sharing!!

Kate said...

Too cute! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing the quilt come together.

Teresa Rawson said...

Wow! This was obviously meant to be...too many things came together. I have boot fabric, but have not seen the donkeys...too cute!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Deanna W said...

New beginnings..that is my first entry on my new blog. Check it out Kathy
Northern Blog Stalker

WeedyMama said...

I know a little boy that will have a great laugh at the Wonky Donkey. He has a donkey, Gumby.
The donkey and boots fabric has been out for about a year, so finding it might have its difficulties.
What a good laugh to start the day!
Thanks