Sunday, January 27, 2013

Slow Sunday Stitching - Binding

I picked up our group quilt from the hand quilters this week. This is our donation quilt for the relief sale in May. You can see a photo of the top (without borders) here.  It has been at the quilters for a while, so I was happy to see it again.
Can you see the quilting design on the back here? It's a crosshatch in the center, and some wavy lines around the borders. The tube has all the binding wound up and ready to go.
It's a large quilt (for me!) and I made 400" of binding for this quilt. I machine stitched the binding to the quilt top yesterday, and today I plan to enjoy hand stitching the binding to the back. 
Link up your blog post below and show us what you are hand stitching today.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, long time since I've left a comment, so am popping in to say hi. You are always busy with your quilts and do such beautiful work. Happy Sunday. :)

pcflamingo said...

Just finishing hand-stitching down the binding of one more quilt for 911 Cares, the organization that will be giving quilts to the communications officers that handled the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings. My cat Tigger has been helping me by sitting on my lap on top of the quilt as I stitch, in case gravity is suddenly repealed and the quilt goes floating off into space.

Kate said...

I like stitching on binding. It's so relaxing. Enjoy your day of hand stitching.

Deb A said...

Beautiful quilt and stitching. Enjoy the binding process today. I hope to machine quilt another one today so I can work on more binding this week.

Cathy said...

I didn't see a link to view the front of the quilt. I studied the pic of the quilting, though!

I love sewing on binding. You know you will soon have a finish and it is soooooo mindless and relaxing (for me anyway).

AnnieO said...

That's a nice big quilt! Enjoy the quiet stitching hours :)

Janet O. said...

Bricks and Stepping Stones--another Bonnie pattern I want to make. Great quilt, and hand quilted!
Will it be raffled or auctioned?

Rosa said...

Beautiful quilt.Happy quilting!!

Carrie P. said...

I am getting ready to do some mending. Yuck! Maybe next week I will have a quilt to bind and will link up.