Wednesday, January 30, 2013

More Dresden Love

Have you seen the Dresdens posted on this amazing Dare to Dresden blog hop? So many creative variations of this block have been shared. It is really worth your time to visit these blogs...so much inspiration, so little quilting time! LOL
I forgot to mention on yesterday's post that my very first experience with quilting was a Dresden! 
My mother-in-law made me one almost 29 years ago, and I still love it. You can read more about it here. It is a totally scrappy quilt with colours that are bright and happy, and hand quilted with beautiful designs.
It was the first and only quilt she ever made and I still enjoy it every day! 
Here is the list of blogs to visit today to be inspired by more Dresden quilts:

January 30th, 2013
Charlotte H @ “that Other Blog”

6 comments:

Deb A said...

That's beautiful Kathy! I think a Dresden will be going on my 'to do' list. Thanks for sharing.

Janet O. said...

Interesting that your MIL never made another quilt. This one is lovely.
I helped my sister make a quilt top many years ago and she told me afterward that she didn't enjoy a single bit of the process except for our chance to visit while we worked. : )

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing dresdens everywhere and they are all so pretty but I didn't make any myself. In fact, I've not been sewing but knitting so at least I've done something!
PS...I may have fixed that problem that caused your previous reply to my comment to bounce back...I've done all I know to do and keeping my fingers crossed. xo c

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - what a treasure! It's just lovely Kathy :*)

Kate said...

Oooh pretty! You must have been a favorite DIL. It looks amazing.

Mary said...

Lucky you to have this treasure of a quilt. It's beautiful.