Sunday, February 25, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to the last February linky party for the hand stitchers! Are you finishing up winter projects and getting antsy to start stitching spring? I sure am!


This week I started a new stitch along with the Historical Sampler company. The project is a mystery called "All things grow with love" and steps are emailed to the participants every fortnight (which is every 2 weeks!). 


I signed up for it because the description said "The design is just stunning, full of gorgeous Scandi inspired flora & fauna - it is the perfect project to stitch to celebrate the arrival of spring". Yes please! Next I will be stitching a bird and a bee. I am using 18 count Aida and enjoying the bright spring colours.


I also finished the embroidery on block #2 of Woven Wreaths with Kathy Schmitz. Thank you for the advice shared on last week's dilemma of a dangling thread loop. I tried a couple of the ideas but wasn't happy with it and eventually unpicked the stitches back to the loop, and then carried on. The fan stitched leaves were tricky for me, and I didn't get a good shape on all the leaves, but that's okay for my first try.

Yesterday I attended a guild meeting and came home feeling exhausted and full of inspiration! I took in 3 finished quilts (I did the binding only), and dropped off 3 of my mystery quilt tops to donate to community outreach work (Teamwork, Chilhowie, and Triangles at Play). I am hoping I get them back to do the binding. This cleared out some space in my sewing room and I am feeling inspired to start spring cleaning and get more projects finished.

What are you working on today? Are you starting new things or working on finishes? Link up your blog post below and share your hand stitching update with us. 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

maggie fellow said...

your stitching is very lovely

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the Historical Sampler is starting out good - I'm wondering what it will look like - I like the colors you are using so far

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

I'm looking forward to some spring stitching on Friday when the next section of the Birdhouses SAL comes up. One thing I'm liking about a yearly SAL with each section being 'month appropriate' is that it gives me just enough seasonal stitching to keep my rotation from running off the rails when that urge to stitch ALL THE SPRING THINGS (or whatever season)hits.

I love your new SAL - so pretty.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your new cross-stitch project! A mystery sounds like fun, and a Spring-themed one even better. Enjoy your stitching today, Kathy!

grammajudyb said...

The new cross stitch mystery looks very springy indeed! I’m anxious to get GROW completed. So I can start something “new”!

CathieJ said...

I am looking forward to seeing that mystery stitch grow. I love your heart block. I would have probably unpicked also.

Sarah said...

The historical sampler company do some lovely designs. I look forward to watching it develop

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have had a busy week, Kathy. Your new cross stitch is gorgeous- so many cute motifs already. Beautiful heart embroidery as well. Have a fabulous week and enjoy your day.

Jill said...

A lovely combination of colors. Looks like an enjoyable mystery cross stitch.

Kate said...

Your new spring floral project is very pretty. That should be fun stitching for the next few weeks. Hope you found lots of inspiration for finishing off old and starting new projects.