Friday, February 02, 2024

Mystery Update

Part 4 was released today for the Good Hope Quilt Guild's mystery called "When you shine". It's not feeling very shiny for me this week, as this clue is the same as the previous 2 weeks - making more HSTs. Each of these steps has us making 48 HST blocks using a sewing method that requires trimming. Bleck! 😖😖

I don't know why I'm complaining about it so much. Remember when I sewed the "Say can you sew" mystery in 2022 and made over a thousand 1" HSTs and enjoyed it?!? Maybe it's because I liked the size (small) and method (paper piecing) more?

This is how my pile of pieces looks this morning (on the border fabric).




The 3 piles of squares that are pinned together and placed slightly above the other piles (hot pink, light orange and grass green) are what I'll be making into HSTs this weekend.


I'm having a hard time with the riot of colour and nowhere for the eyes to rest. And I really dislike some of the combinations of my fabrics. This is one grouping with a horrid red and bright pink in one of the blocks.  
Again - bleck!😖😖
But the pattern says to "trust the process" and although I'm finding it hard, I'll keep trusting!

5 comments:

berylthepearl said...

I love pink and red together. I think you will love this although I feel like mine is real wacky. But trust in the process as they say!

Mary said...

I say Bleck to more Triangles in a square. HSTs are Easy Peasy! Give it time the color combos will grow on you!

Janet O. said...

You are made of sterner stuff than I am, Kathy. If I don't love it, I absolutely can't bring myself to work on it. Hence one of the reasons I avoid mysteries. But I am sure you will make something wonderful here, even if you take off in your own direction to do it!

Kate said...

I don't mind a few HSTs, but when you get to making lots of them, it's not one of my favorite things to do. It is hard to trust the process sometimes, it's a lot of work to make something you don't like. Fingers crossed that you love the finished design.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, that is a lot of trust, LOL! Can't wait to see the end result.