Saturday, February 17, 2024

A Finished Wallhanging

At quilt retreat earlier this month I finished the 2023 Fat Quarter Shop's Christmas quilt along called Evergreen. It was such a fun mystery to sew last year. 

I really enjoyed sewing my project from the kit offered by Fat Quarter Shop featuring the Favorite Things fabric line by Sherri and Chelsi. I don't usually buy fabric kits, but I really liked the slight variation on the Christmas colours they used.


The machine quilting was fast and easy. I quilted curvy lines to look like hanging garland across the tree, simple stippling in the background, and individualized designs on the presents and the star. It is so fun to think of a different design for each part of a quilt. As long as a project is quilted evenly in terms of the denseness of the designs, it's all good!


It's a fun brain snack for me to figure out things like how to do the curved corner-to-corner design on red pieces of this star block with the fewest starts/stops.





Another brain snack was thinking of a different quilting design for each present under the tree. 


The binding was completed during a late night chin wag with my dear retreat friends. It was accompanied by a nightcap of my new favourite Canadian drink by Cabot Trail maple and blueberry cream liqueur. It tastes like blueberry pancakes and syrup - yum!


Finished size: 31" x 37"

Here is the Evergreen Wallhanging with my other retreat finish - Spring Stamp SAL.

Linking up to Alycia's Finished (or not) Friday.

11 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a cute wall hanging! Looks like your retreat was very productive…you finished two projects and got to catch up with your friends. Perfect!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your quilting turned out really great - I have never accomplish machine quilting other than straight or just wavy lines.

Bonnie said...

That is one really cute Christmas tree. I seldom think to buy a kit but I agree with you about the slightly different colors. Nice job.

Kate said...

The quilting is really fun. Congrats on a very cool finish.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is such a fun wall-hanging, Kathy! I love how all the different blocks combined to make the tree. Your quilt looks great, too. You're all set for a new Christmas decoration now!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on your latest quilt finish, Kathy!

Jenny said...

That's a lovely project, congratulations on your finish.

Lyndsey said...

A very cute project. Well done on your finish

Mary said...

I had to give mine away for Christmas! Ran out of time so I need to make another one. I love that you quilted each gift differently. Congrats 👏

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

"Brain Snack"- I just love that! Evergreen looks amazing, Kathy! Gorgeous quilting and such gorgeous fabrics. Aaah and your Spring Stamps how beautiful as well. Thank you again. Big hugs.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great wallhanging!!!