Friday, February 09, 2024

Design Wall Friday?

What ever happened to design wall Monday? LOL


I missed my Monday post because I was at quilt retreat and I was too busy having fun to write a blog post! Today my head is swimming with creative ideas, future quilts, and adventure planning for next year! Of course I took double the number of projects I had time to work on, but am pleased with the progress I made on several quilts. More details to come on Sunday's blog post.

This blog post is about 3 different mystery quilts (yes, I have a severe case of startitis!).

1) On the design wall today is my SAHRR. The theme this week was triangles, so I made 3 tiny churn dash blocks (finishing at 1.5") to add to the bottom. The quilt now measures 7" x 9.25".

If you would like to see the other round robin quilts being made, hop over to the SAHRR link up and be prepared for a visual feast!

2) I also sewed the 48 HSTs for step #4 for the "When you shine" mystery. 

Step #5 was posted this morning and I can't wait to get these blocks on the design wall to see what it will look like! This is the best part (or sometimes the worst part!) of a mystery when you see how the blocks are going to come together in your quilt. More details to come on Monday's blog post.

3) Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday, so you know that means a Super Bowl mystery from Scrapdash. The fabric requirements for the "Key West" mystery are posted for a quilt measuring 70" x 82".  It looks like I could pull the fabrics from my batik stash, so tomorrow I will get organized to start yet another mystery project!

There are many flying geese in this quilt and designer Kris has listed 7 different ways to sew these blocks - amazing! I am going to sew my blocks using yet another method - Bonnie Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool ruler

Linking up to Design Wall Monday and the SAHRR linky party.

6 comments:

Mary said...

I am printing all the new BOM and BOW projects patterns. My list is as long as yours. No more starts for now. 3 challenges to get finished plus the Quiltville Mystery. Gotta make me a Startitus T-Shirt, lol

JanineMarie said...

Such fun projects, but I squealed (to myself, not to startle my family nearby) when I read that the SAHRR churn dashes are 1-1/2 inches. Miniatures make me swoon.

Judy Hansen said...

You are amazing. We don’t care what day that you post your “Design Wall Monday” - just so you show us what you are making. I am going to look at the Super Bowl quilt site. Thanks for the info. Hugs, Judy

Kate said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one suffering from beginning of the year startitis. Very fun triangle addition to your SAHRR. Love all the blues you are using this year. Enjoy the new mystery, my only new project will be the guild BOM. That's enough for being just 2 months into the year!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Wonderful projects. I love those little churn dashes :)

Emily said...

I love the churn dashes to go with your center!