Monday, January 01, 2024

Happy 2024!

Happy New Year stitching friends! 

I had a great day yesterday participating in the 12x12 event hosted by Keabee on instagram. You can see my "before" video here showing my projects for the day, and the "after" video here showing the things I actually stitched.

It has been my tradition for many years to bring in the new year by sewing a New Year's Day mystery quilt. This year the mystery is called Mardi-Gras Magic and is designed by Kris at Scrapdash and is a wonderful quilt pattern (yes, I cheated and looked at the mystery ending!)

Some years I have been able to sew with friends, and some years we sewed together via the magic of zoom. Some of us sew the mystery, and some of us sew other projects. It's always a fun way to bring in the new year.

For the first time in many years, I am not sewing a new mystery on January 1st! I know, it's shocking! But I have all my pieces ready to sew for the Quiltville mystery and I'd really like to be caught up in January, so I am focusing on that project.
This turned out to be a good decision because Bonnie Hunter posted a surprise step on her blog today and I was able to make great progress on sewing the blocks.

Here are my first 12 blocks on the design wall. Don't think I'm being an overachiever here, since I still haven't finished steps #2 and #6! 

Tomorrow is back to work, so the stitching progress will be much slower, but it was a wonderful way to usher in beginning of 2024 with stitching by hand yesterday and today by machine.

I wish each and every one of you a wonderful year full of stitching, with lot of happy memories and adventures!

6 comments:

Carla said...

I like those twelve blocks. Work does get in the way of being productive in our projects. I finally got rid of the hindrance. LOL Retired.
I've never done a mystery quilt. May have to that one day.

Janet O. said...

Your blocks are very pretty! You are fearless where mysteries are concerned, and I applaud you for it.

Auntie Em said...

One of the hallmarks of Bonnies Mystery quilts is lots and lots of pieces. I think you have done quite well keeping up. Your blocks are quite pretty with the colors you have.

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a very fun and productive New Year's. Your Indigo blocks turned out beautifully. I'm still way behind, but home to get some blocks made soon. Happy 2024!

Mary said...

I had to skip ahead to make the Block B. Not as fast as I used to be. I did another cutting day and didn't get as far as you. I'm loving this one. Even with no Purple. I can use Purple in my Quilt Show projects. My Frogger has been busy, I miss cut my Center Square for the center, oops.

scraphappy said...

Being back at work is sure to slow the quilting progress, but it is nice that there are still weekends to look forward to.