Saturday, December 30, 2023

Indigo Way Update

With all the Christmas activities going on, and lots of snuggling time with my new great nephew (while his Mom gets back on her feet) my mystery quilt sewing was on the back burner for a few days. 

And then the mystery quilters anonymous group at my local quilt guild had a zoom sew day together. It was just what I needed to get back to the project, with the encouragement of others.


It was fun to see the colours other sewers are using and to hear about their preferred methods, rulers and organizational strategies. And of course to make progress on each of the steps. These are my blocks for each of the 6 steps so far.

Here is where the project stands today:

-Clue #1 and #2 are finished

-Clue #3 is 50% finished (all cut)

-Clue #4 is finished

-Clue #5 is 75% finished (all cut)

-Clue #6 is cut with only a few blocks sewn

Because I am doing my blocks at half size, the math was a little tricky to figure out for step #5, but I experimented with a few different sizes until I got the one that came out perfectly. 



I have all my little pieces in bags, labelled and ready to take to a New Year's Day sewing extravaganza. A few of my friends are sewing a mystery quilt with Kris at Scrapdash, but I am focusing on my Quiltville mystery so I don't get too far behind.

I just posted a Christmas unboxing video. If you want to see the quilty things I got for Christmas, come watch the video.

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love that photo of you with your sweet great nephew!
Great progress on the mystery. Of course you are making the units smaller. You go, girl! ;)
What fun to join you for the unboxings. Lots of goodies to take to your retreat!!

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Baby snuggles are the best! Love the pink instead of red in your colours.

Kate said...

Looks like your great nephew is doing well, hope his mom is doing much better too. I'm more behind then you are, but I'm hoping to do some good catching up today. Happy stitching and happy New Year!

Deanna W said...

You look completely content holding that little fellow. Love watching the unboxing great things!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That flowered blue you show in your Clue #5 blocks, I have that fabric. I'm working on clue #6, the rest are done. Happy New Year!