Sunday, January 28, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! It's hard to believe it's already the last link up for January, but the sooner the winter passes, the better!


I have another finished project to share today. I started this stitching as a St. Patrick's day gift to myself last year.  It was such a fun project, and I finished the cross stitch in the summer, but didn't know what I wanted to do with it. I finally put it together with a batting and backing, and put a binding on it to be a wallhanging for a gift exchange.  I made a little split hanging sleeve (stitched into the binding) on the back and put a wooden skewer through the sleeve to easily hang it. 


This is a pattern called "Stitcher" by Misty Pursel of Luminous Fiber Arts. I love how it turned out with the variegated Weeks Dye Works threads in the green colour called "Lucky".

Finished size: 10.5" x 5.5"

Today I'll be happily working on a quilt binding. What are you hand stitching today? We hope you will link up your blog/instagram post and share your projects below.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Kim said...

Your pretty cross stitch in those variegated green threads looks wonderful as a little wall hanging. It is perfect for a gift exchange.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your cross stitch looks fantastic! I absolutely love the greens.
Have a fab week.

Sarah said...

That is a very cute cross stitch. I like the effect of the variegated thread. I use it occasionally but never on a whole project. Do you complete every stitch or do a row?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a fun finish, Kathy! The green floss is great for it - makes me think Spring. Enjoy stitching that binding today!

Kate said...

Your St. Pats day project turned out beautifully. Enjoy your slow stitching today. Sounds like you are very close to a finished quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your cross stitch turned out great. I will be working on a little applique, hexies and maybe a little crochet

Karrin Hurd said...

I love your Stitcher project! Great finish!

Angie said...

Kathy - a lovely wall-hanging. I especially like the fabric you used for the backing! Thanks for hosting Slow Sunday Stitching!

CathieJ said...

I like that backing fabric. The skewer is a good idea for hanging. Love this piece.

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a lovely gift for one of your stitching friends! I like the way you finished this one off. Hope you had a relaxing time while hand sewing the binding.