Monday, January 29, 2024

SAHRR

What's on the design wall today at Kathy's Quilts?

It's my mini version of the Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR)! I wanted to play along this year, but not stress myself out, so I am making a small wallhanging version and started with a little churn dash block.


The prompt for border #1 was to add the "signature block". I made my signature block side corners so small that you can hardly tell they are there. The corners almost look almost like HST blocks. It was a math error, not a design choice! LOL



This week's prompt for border #2 was to use only 2 colours. I had planned to make a monochromatic project only using blues, so I added another churn dash border in cream and blue. Maybe cream isn't actually a "colour"? But there are no quilt police at the SAHRR, so it worked for me! 

But that border made me dislike the previous one, so I decided to add some hand embroidered running stitches, and ta-da ... I like it a little better now!

The project now measures 7.75" x 7". Can't wait to see what we're adding next week! 

I'll be adding my post to the Design Wall Monday and SAHRR linky parties.

8 comments:

Betty C said...

It looks good. I like monochromatic.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great job! Making a mini is right up your alley.

Chantal said...

I like the addition of the running stitches. I also like that the second border has stars and stars. You are stitching your way to a great wall hanging, I'd say. Enjoy! ;^)

JanineMarie said...

I love the mini size of this. And cream is a color in my book. The stars are adorable.

Kate said...

Making a mini is probably wise, so many less blocks to make. The stitching and the second border worked out really well.

Janet O. said...

I love blue/white quilts. This looks like a fun project. I admire your bravery in doing so many mysteries.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

What a great idea to do a mini! I was hesitant to join in for the same reason as you... but you are doing well! I love blue quilts :) xx

piecefulwendy said...

I like your new border, and I think your little fix is very clever!