Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Design Wall Wednesday

For many years my little group of mystery quilt loving friends has been sewing the Super bowl mystery provided by Kris at Scrapdash. Every year we gather to enjoy food, laughter, and sewing while the rest of the world watches a football game.

Here are some of her previous mysteries that we have sewn:

2014  Apian Way Log Cabin

2015 Neighbourhood Garden

2016 Peekaboo

2017 Ghosts and Mosts

2018 Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue

2019 Garden Party


2020 I don't know what happened that year to my blogging, but we did meet and I sewed this mystery quilt.

2021 Princess Charlotte

2022 Tag Sale


And last year's mystery event held on zoom was the best so far! Mystery designer Kris joined us on zoom as we were sewing! We had the opportunity to show her some of the past mysteries that we have sewn with her. It was very exciting! 

This year, we had a hybrid event with some of us meeting in person and some joining on zoom. We worked on the Scrapdash mystery called Dancing in the Stars. Labelling every step was crucial since making this quilt was like a big fabric jigsaw puzzle.


Here is the wrong way to sew the quilt top together. UGH! Only one wrong seam, but it was a long one!



Here is the correct way to sew the design. I love it!

I want to add some pinwheels to the top and bottom to make it more rectangular.

What a fun day and a pretty quilt design! You can see more variations of this design on the Scrapdash blog picture page.


Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Judy's

10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Kathy, that is gorgeous! Such a neat design and your fabric choices just glow! Fun to see other versions of it, too. I might need to go to her site and find the pattern!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like that one. I stitched a row upside down this weekend, too. It happens.

Kate said...

Very pretty! What a great way to spend a Sunday.

sue s said...

I enjoyed seeing all the other quilts; it gives me an idea as to what she designs. This year I intended to join but we were invited to watch the game. Next year!

AnnieO said...

How fun to keep up with a dedicated group. Love the newest block, that is sure a complicated one I would be bound to mess up too :)

Mary said...

uh oh! Ripper Time! It's a pretty color of Scraps, kinda sparkles. Good to play with Mysteries! Still working on my last ones from Quiltville.

Judy Hansen said...

Your version is beautiful! It looks like it glows. I will have to try her mystery another year. Her patterns are great. Thanks for linking up with the design wall linky party. I can see where a design wall would help with the assembly of this quilt. Good job!

Lyndsey said...

I know I've made one of her patterns and it went together so well. I get a little panicked by mystery quilts but one day I will join in. Your top looks fabulous.

LA Paylor said...

your choice of fabrics makes this graphic and sparkle
LeeAnna

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Beautiful Block Kathy! Hugs