Monday, February 20, 2023

A Christmas Finish on the Design Wall!

The Fat Quarter Shop provided a free Christmastime mystery quilt pattern last fall. I really enjoyed sewing the 4 blocks - Christmas cards, a mug, candies, and presents. (There was also a mystery cross stitch pattern that was adorable but I didn't stitch that.)



My quilt was made totally from stash fabrics and the quilt top was finished in October. The machine quilting is very simple stitch-in-the-ditch (or in close proximity to the ditch!) straight lines. Nothing fancy, but finished!



I love having little projects like this around the house during the holidays. I sewed a hanging sleeve so this could be a wallhanging. Or it could be an outdoor decoration. 



The cardinals backing fabric piece that I found in my stash was just the perfect size for this project! You can see the split hanging sleeve that I sewed into the binding.

Finished size: 23" x 27"


I don't know why I was so interested in finishing this Christmas quilt in February when my OMG was to work on a Valentine's quilt ?!? 

There is no logic to creativity! 

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Judy's

20 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

It’s done in plenty of time for this Christmas! Keep sewing! You still have time to work on the Valentine’s quilt!

cityquilter grace said...

that is cute and will really up the holiday decor

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

It looks wonderful, you'll be very happy to display that for the holiday season.

Julierose said...

What a neat quilt finish--I love the Santa cup and saucer;)) hugs, Julierose

Michelle said...

So cute! And now it will be ready for next Christmas. Wonderful finish!

Deb A said...

Nice finish! One finish means you can start something new!

Chantal said...

Oh my! It's a lot smaller than I thought. Congrats on the finish, regardless of the time of year. It is very sweet. ;^)

Ivani said...

Congrats on this finish, Kathy. I love how you made the cards block. I wish I had made mine just like yours. Lesson learned.
Well done!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is such a sweet quilt - I think your quilting and the backing are perfect for it! That will be so fun to pull out and hang up when Christmas comes again!

loulee said...

A beautiful finish. Sometimes, simple is best.

Jenny said...

There's nothing nicer than working on Christmas projects.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Fabulous finish, Kathy.

grammajudyb said...

I totally understand. Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do!!!!!It's lovely. I printed out the pattern but did the cross stitch instead and it is not a FFO. (Fully Finished Object) I need to find a frame or have one specially made. Soon!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, that's such a lovely quilt - all ready for next year!

Sara said...

It turned out so cute. I saved all the patterns, but ending up only using the cup block to make a couple of holiday mug rugs as gifts.

Jackie J said...

Very nice Kathy. Just think, your ahead of the game for Christmas 2023!!!

Janet O. said...

A very cute finish. And I loved your last statement--no logic to creativity. Amen to that!

Mary said...

Christmas comes anytime of the year. Thinking that the 25th of every month should be a Christmas sewing time. Gifts done way before December. Win win! Looks good.

Vivian said...

Wonderful finish! And the logic (she says as she also continues finish up her Christmas projects) is that the pressure is now off to have to push to get it done. Will make next Christmas that much more special!

Susan said...

The quilt wants what the quilt wants. LOL Great job and ready for this year. I like the change in fabric for the cards block, so it stands out more.