Tuesday, January 18, 2022

New Mysteries

 For all you mystery quilt addicts, here is an update:

1) My friend Susan tempted me with a mini Valentine mystery from Kathleen Tracy. This is a double delight for me - small pieces AND a mystery. 


2) Nancy Zieman Productions is hosting a 2022 mystery block of the month which is "not a block sampler". That sounds intriguing doesn't it? Steps will be posted on the 3rd Saturday of the month.


3) Sherri from A Quilting Life is hosting a BOM with 6" and 12" blocks. Each pattern will be a churn dash block with a pieced block inside. Here is the first block pattern.


4) Alycia is starting a new mystery soon called Stop Tossing, which she says will be a "fast, quick, fun mystery" with no HSTs! Fabric requirements will appear on Groundhog Day.  

5) A special treat for hand stitchers is a monthly BOM from Buttermilk Basin called "Joy in Stitches". The designs will be oval shaped with sewing themes. The first block has been posted and I can't wait to get stitching!


6) I also have started sewing some of the Riley Blake block challenges. Block #3 by Kristy Lea was just posted. 

Phew - that's a lot of new projects! 

Did I miss any? Let me know in the comments below!

11 comments:

Janet O. said...

I don't think you ever miss a mystery! LOL

Kathy S. said...

That's a lot of squirrels. Very tempting projects.

Mary said...

Still working on Bonnie's Quiltville Mystery and thinking about the Ruby Jubilee one. I finally got the January issue of Quiltmaker that had the 1st clue Blocks. lots of them to do. Are you doing that one? Thanks for the temptations, I think I'll pass on all but the RBD one.

Julierose said...

thanks (I think ^_^ ) for sharing these SALs..I may give the first one a try--looks like it is doable--squares and rectangles...
Hugs, julierose

Lorelei said...

Thanks for giving me some more projects to start. I love the mini Valentine mystery - I don't think I can resist this one!! I had already started Sherri's BOM QAL - she is also offering a 6 inch version.

Lorelei

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That Valentine mini mystery is very tempting! I may be cutting some pieces tomorrow!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Wow, I had no idea there were so many mystery quilts. I wish I had time to do them all. Are you doing all of them?

Nann said...

Intriguing! I'm going to take a look.

MissPat said...

Do you plan on doing all of them? I'm still not starting anything new until I finish up some UFOs and WIPs.
Pat

Deanna W said...

Oh no, I think you have startitis...a dreaded condition of starting new projects!! Are you contagious? Asking for a friend!!

Quilter Kathy said...

YES Deanna... it's highly contagious, just like Omicron!