Saturday, January 22, 2022

Another project?!?!

Yes. I have been enticed to start the Riley Blake 2022 block challenge. I swear I wasn't going to, but the blocks have been too fun to not make them! 
Why, you ask? Well, the more small pieces there are in a block, the more I like it!

Each Tuesday one 10" block pattern is posted and there will be a total of 16 blocks. Each block pattern comes from a different designer, some of whom I recognize and some I don't.


Here is block #1
Daisy Chain designed by Lori Holt with 39 pieces.



Here is block #2 Sweetheart designed by Beverly McCullough with 42 pieces. I adore this one!

I don't have a plan for these blocks and am just making the blocks from whatever is on my cutting table. And because I am a long time member of the rainbow scrap challenge, I am surrounded by red scraps this month. These blocks might be turned into placemats, or might become a sampler quilt. I'm waiting for some inspiration to make make that decision.

Linking up to Rainbow Scrap Challenge

A few leader-ender fish blocks are being made too!

17 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

That second block is perfect for the lead up to Valentine’s Day!

scraphappy said...

It is fun when new quilts just demand to be made. Those are highly adorable blocks. The fish are also adorable. Looks like you've had a good sewing week.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Woohoo, more fabric out for Stashbusters!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This looks like a fun sew along. When I saw how nice your blocks looked, I was tempted to go and make some blocks! Happy stitching, the blocks are lovely!

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! Those reds are so pretty. It's dangerous to read your blog (especially that post about the mystery quilt alongs), there is just too much temptation!

Sara said...

Those 10" blocks are beautiful, especially the one with the heart. A wonderful new project.

Mari said...

Great blocks! I love the sweetheart one, and great reds!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You're off to a good start with the block challenge, Kathy. LOVE those RED fish, too!!

Mary said...

I made the first three Blocks last night. LOL Squirrel!! Couldn't not do the Lori Holt Block then I saw the Sweetheart Block and had to cut into more Blue Fabrics. Thanks for counting the pieces.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think those are beautiful blocks! Pretty in reds and pinks. I say, "Why not?!" :)

Deanna W said...

Oh no this one I might be able to tackle!! What have you done..you enabler you!!!

Janet O. said...

Oh, you are incorrigible, Kathy! LOL
Great looking blocks. I can see why they drew you in.

Angie said...

Love those Riley Blake blocks! I'm trying to resist temptation, but the Daisy Chain block would make a great quilt!

Angela said...

Such pretty blocks!

MissPat said...

Blocks with lots of little pieces? Of course, it's right up your alley. Who cares if you've started a gazillion other projects? I know you'll have fun.
Pat

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

So tempting to click on the link and join in……. Hold me back! LOL. Love your colors - have a great week!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Great way to combine challenges. :)