Monday, January 03, 2022

Design Wall Monday

It was a sewing frenzy around here this weekend while I worked on 3 different mystery quilts! 


1) I have been sewing the
Quiltville mystery block

Quiltville mystery
since November and have several of those blocks done. I'm about half way through part 6 now and hope to have all the blocks finished in time for Friday's post of part 7.

2) On New Year's day I started the Merry Mayhem Ups and Downs  mystery and it has been really fun to sew. I know this pattern as Scrappy Mountain Majesties and I'm sure I have some blocks somewhere as a partially made UFO. There were many layouts to chose from, and I have finally decided (with the help of some sewing friends on zoom) on this layout. I have more than half of the blocks done and plan to finish up the top this week.

3) I also started the Scrapdash mystery called Winter Walk and it was quite a bit longer and harder.

I had to sew the second line on the sew and flip corners because those bonus HST blocks are about 3"... enormous! Can't possibly throw those in the garbage! I will likely make the HST blocks into another border for the quilt. I have all the blocks sewn, and now all the pieces are going into a box to take to quilt retreat to sew (if we are permitted to have retreat - depends on what omicron does in the next month).

This is what my design wall looked like with pieces from all 3 mysteries. 
Total craziness!
But hey... I started off the new year with what I hope to spend most of the year doing - sewing!

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Judy's

12 comments:

Sara said...

Your design wall looks exciting to me! Some lovely color choices and it's always fun to a new project coming along so nicely.

Nann said...

Such a colorful array on your design wall! I guess we'll break out the turquoise with the next step of Rhody trail.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow - lots of pretty quilts in your house

loulee said...

Oh my goodness, busy, busy, busy as always. Love your Mountain majesty blocks.
Happy New year to you.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your design wall - lots of pretty quilts in the works!

Jenny said...

You are starting off the New Year well with all those lovely projects!

scraphappy said...

Three mysteries at once is a lot of crazy. So many beautiful patterns though. Hoping that Omicron will burn through fast and leave us another bit of calm. A retreat would be a great chance to finish some projects.

scraphappy said...

Three mysteries at once is a lot of crazy. So many beautiful patterns though. Hoping that Omicron will burn through fast and leave us another bit of calm. A retreat would be a great chance to finish some projects.

Mary said...

I'm 1/3 done with Part 6. Printed the MM mystery parts. Will make that one later. The other mystery looks alot like part 5 of Rhododendron Trail. Yea for a design wall full of scrappiness!

Janet O. said...

You are amazing with all these mysteries in the new year. I don't know how you do it, but I enjoy watching. :)

Sharon Kwilter said...

That's a lot of mystery quilts. I downloaded them all, but I didn't try to make them all at once. LOL

ButterZ said...

Good work. Something to keep you busy