Sunday, February 23, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly celebration of hand stitching! Why not join us today as we make time to enjoy the benefits of relaxation with our favourite projects?


Last week I attended my annual quilt retreat and have written a series of blog posts to share this week. I made sure to fit in a little slow stitching every day. I enjoyed hand stitching the binding on my February miniature quilt. I'll post more about this quilt on Wednesday.

And of course I started a new project! 
This is a Stitcher's Revolution iron on pattern that says "life is short, lick the bowl". This will be an embroidered tea towel for a Christmas gift. I plan to stitch all 9 designs in this pattern collection this year eventually.

The other major hand stitching project this week was hand stitching the binding on my Happy Little Things quilt. I'm so excited that this quilt is almost finished, with just the binding to finish, the label to stitch on, and the hanging sleeve to attach. 

What are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your projects with us.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Kim said...

Such a pretty quilt you are binding, Kathy. Love too, your new stitchery you have just started. It is always fun to start a new stitching project.

Kathy S. said...

Woohoo! It's almost time for the Happy Little Things big finale. I loved looking at each block as it was stitched and LOVE the colors you chose for it. I'm sure you had a fun time at the retreat. I look forward to the posts this week.

CathieJ said...

I like the message in your embroidery. Your stitching is amazing. Mine is never quite that neat. I like the backing fabric of Happy Little Things. I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Sarah said...

Your new embroidery is fun, I wholly agree with the sentiment! I've looked at the others and the one about chocolate is one I can relate too! Ooh looking forward to the grand reveal!

Denise :) said...

Lick the bowl, amen! LOL! That's going to be fun to work on! I adore hand binding ... enjoy working on that!!!! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

for me it is binding also - got to get that part done so the quilt can be used right, good luck on getting yours done

Karrin Hurd said...

That Stitcher's Revolution looks like something I need to get! Can't wait to see your Happy Little Things finale!

stitchingirlblog.wordpress.com said...

I love the message on the tea towel!! Do you think if I slept in the kitchen someone would make me breakfast?! Hahah!! I'm looking forward to seeing your posts this week about all that you did. Thanks again for this link-up and reminding me to take a little bit of time each day to stitch and reflect.

Deanna W said...

How fun, we were on retreat the same weekend but just a few hundred miles in between!!! Been busy this week, will try to blog about it!!! hint hint tease!!

Turid said...

What a fun stitchery. I didn't have time to sew my hexies today until this evening. So maybe tomorrow morning I can take some photos and make a blog post.