Sunday, February 02, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching link up! We celebrate all types of hand work and enjoy seeing what is being created by hands around the world. 
Today is Groundhog Day here and we are hoping the rodent predicts an early spring for us (although the winter really hasn't been terrible this year). It's also Super Bowl Sunday, which is a perfect opportunity for hand stitching while you watch/listen to the game and/or the half show.

Today I am working on an old hand stitching project. I got out my Life Is Beautiful bag and put the blocks up on the design wall to figure out where I'm at with this project. The block that I thought I finished hand quilting this week (bottom row 3rd from the right) needs an echo circle quilted and I will start with that today.



I have 2 more embroidery blocks to applique, and 10 more embroidery blocks to quilt.  This project is coming along well (as it should be after 5 years!) and I'm excited to work on it more today. 
What are you hand stitching today? Are you stitching through the Super Bowl? Link up your blog post below and share your project with us.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

18 comments:

Kim said...

What a beautiful quilt your Life is Beautiful is. Those little stitcheries are delightful and the echo circle quilting is very effective. I am hand quilting at the moment whilst watching the Mens Tennis Final in the Australian Open. Enjoy your quilting.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Always love embroidery mixed into a quilt! I plan on watching the superbowl and finish hand quilting my trailing vines!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Quilting and embroidery combine beautifully in this project, Kathy. I love everything you work on.

Chris said...

I have another bird to hand applique onto one of the Cherries quilt blocks.

CathieJ said...

I have always loved this quilt. I am glad to see that you are working on it again.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely - I love it embroidery adds so much to a quilt

SandraC said...

I haven't looked at my Life is Beautiful in soooo long. I have, though, resurrected an old UFO, like you, this week :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad to see this project out again - it's one of my favorites! Hope you enjoy some stitching on it today, Kathy!

Sarah said...

This is one of my favourite projects and it is great to see it out again!

Karrin Hurd said...

What a great project! I love it! I got out a bag out of my closet the other day that has blocks for Quilters Blessings and Journey of a Quilter that I still have quite a bit to stitch. But I left the bag out to work on these one of these days! Happy stitching and thanks for the continued motivation!

Little Penpen said...

I love your Life is Beautiful blocks!

karen said...

Love your new picture at top of your blog! Your frolic colors will be amazing & I look forward to seeing your progress. Lots & lots of pinning & sewing on that one!

audrey said...

Lovely to see progress after such a long time. That always feels amazing! Your embroidery blocks are very sweet.:)

Sherrie said...

Hi Kathy,
Glad to see the Life is Beautiful quilt again. It's so pretty. Have a great day!

Lyndsey said...

I love your Life is beautiful quilt. The embroideries are so pretty.

Denise :) said...

Happy Groundhog Day (belated)! It seems he predicted an early Spring -- yay us! Your Life Is Beautiful quilt is amazing. I hope you had a lovely day enjoying some slow stitching on it!! :)

Created by Kathi said...

This is one of my most favorite projects you work on! Sew glad you chose it this past Sunday to work on... hoping all is well. I love your frolic and enjoy the urge to want to link here each Sunday.
Have a blessed rest of your week! Kathi

mlb said...

I'm so glad to see this old friend. I have loved your posts about your Life is Beautiful quilt. So glad you are still inspired.