Friday, February 14, 2020

Frolicking along!


Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope you are having a love filled day and are celebrating all the wonderful people you love and who love you back! 

It has been a long week with not enough sewing time to maintain sanity, so it's getting a bit scary in my head! Only quilters really understand that!

There has been a little bit of slow progress on my Frolic blocks. This is the pile of finished blocks and some blocks in progress. It is relaxing sewing these blocks now that I know what I'm doing, having studied the instructions for a long time.


I decided to go with dark blue cornerstones. Here are my blocks with sashing on the design wall.
Well for goodness sake... evidently I was a bit too relaxed and today I will have some unsewing to do! 

8 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Fabulous! I love how the secondary pattern forms when the blocks are put together.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great progress. Happy GALentine's Day!

Angela said...

Happy Valentines day. Glad that you were able to get in some sewing.

ButterZ said...

Oopsie. It won't take long to fix. Great blocks though

Kate said...

Great blocks, even with the oops! Hope you get some significant stitching time this weekend so you can restore you sanity. I'm hoping for a solo stitching retreat on Sunday as I may not get to stitch while I'm on my business trip. Got to store up some extra sanity before I leave.

maggie fellow said...

your blocks are looking really nice- It is a challenge for sure

Barb said...

fun scrappy quilt. I have to say I did notice the small anomaly ;)

beaquilter said...

Looks great. But I see the flipped section, at least you found it now and not after it's quilted!