Wednesday, February 26, 2020

February Mini Quilt

When I started working on this mini quilt, I wasn't sure what it was going to become. These were some of the squares I started sewing 1" connecting corners onto. The number of pieces determined the size of the quilt.

I went with a layout of 2 X's and 2 O's.
One of the things I enjoy about miniature quilts is how quickly they can be made. The machine quilting time was less than 15 minutes. And it is so fun... no pulling and pushing and shoving the quilt through the machine as we do with large quilts. 


Another think I enjoy is using up small bits of fabric that other quilters might toss in the trash. My February mini quilt is a perfect example of this. The X and O blocks measure 2".



I took a little walk to take a perspective photo of this quilt, but I do not think I accomplished my goal since it looks quite large in this photo.
Oh well, you get the idea and can clearly see that this mini quilt brings colour and love to a very cold winter day.

Maybe this is a better perspective shot of finishing the quilt with a tiny label.

Wendy at The Constant Quilter will soon be posting the links to other mini quilts being finished this month.

10 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh Kathy, this is sensational! It is perfect for February. I will link it up in today's post. Thanks a million for participating. And, you are so right, that these little guys can be made up so quickly sometimes and they are so rewarding! Love it!

Deanna W said...

Cute little fellow!! Always feels good to accomplish something and finish it. Now onto bigger things!!

Julierose said...

Oh what an adorable mini ;))))--love the fabrics so cute for February...hugs, Julierose

Turid said...

So sweet. I have to try this one soon.

Sarah said...

That's a teeny tiny quilt! I'm amazed at how accurate you are. I really don't think I would have been!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW super sweet, Kathy!!!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Oh, it's so sweet, love it! Warmth on a winter's day. I am just starting to catch the vision with minis and yes I agree with you - so satisfying to finish!

Karen said...

Sweet, sweet x's and o's mini. So apporpriate for February.

Quilting Babcia said...

Your mini is pure sweetness!

beaquilter said...

Adorable!