Saturday, August 18, 2018

Scrappy Saturday


It's orange month for the Rainbow Scrappers and I have dug deep into the orange scraps. It's so fun to remember where each of these pieces have come from, the projects they were purchased for and sewn into, or the friends who have donated them to my "home for wayward scraps"!





I intended to get to work on my August Squared Away blocks, but have been distracted by Julie's Log Cabin Loonies sew along. Her cutting instructions are here and this week's link up is here. These blocks use 1" strips and it's perfect for using up the tiniest pieces worth saving.




Here are my first 4 blocks.
I'm hoping to add to this new collection each month with the RSC colour of the month.

Hop over to the weekly link up for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge to see more orange blocks being made.

Also linking up to Oh Scrap!

19 comments:

Kate said...

One inch strips is pretty small, but they certainly back a punch with all those bright orange fabrics. Very fun blocks!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

You truly are a scrap saver, LOL, I'd have thrown those into a dog bed.

Julierose said...

Lovely log cabin blocks..I have just cut long 1" strips so far and now need to cut logs...as I look at these small strips, I am wondering about seam allowances...hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your log cabin blocks are so pretty in orange! I love log cabin blocks - there's so much you can do with them!

Betty C said...

Very attractive and I like the little sprinkle of stars in the fabric at the top.

Deb A said...

Your blog is a very bad influence on me! Every time I visit you have something posted I want to make. Love the log cabins......it is almost time to make one again soon.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

very pretty orange blocks--they look yummy enough to make orange juice from them and drink it--oK--I am over tired what can I say!!!!???
enjoy, di

Kathy S. said...

Love your collection of orange scraps, Kathy! Thanks for the links. I'm always looking for a place for my 1" strips!

Jacqui's Quilts said...

I'm with Deb A above Kathy! You are an enabler supreme LOL. I LOVE log cabin blocks. Maybe because it was the very first quilt I ever did? Every once in awhile I need to get another log cabin quilt out of my system. I am doing a totally scrappy one with 1" or 1/2" logs...can't remember...that's how long ago it is since I worked on them! But, you've put the idea back into the brain.

Louise said...

Skinny minny! But oh so pretty :)

maggie fellow said...

Oh a squirrel - I mean log cabin - beautiful blocks

Sandy said...

The oranges are so cheery, the squares look wonderful. You must have a good memory to remember which piece came from what.
Sandy's Space

Teresa said...

Oh, they look so pretty. I love log cabin blocks might have to remember this next year when I hope to participate in the RSC again

Barb said...

Orange - yum! you just can't help but smile when you see orange

Adventurous Quilter said...

They look fabulous 👌💖

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I have been trying to resist Julie's sew along but you are making it difficult sharing your fun blocks with Oh Scrap! They look fantastic :)

Karen said...

Oranges remind me of fall and pumpkin quilt designs.

Katie Z. said...

So lovely!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Looking good!