Saturday, March 18, 2017

Worldwide Quilting Day

Today is Worldwide Quilting Day when we celebrate quilts and quilters around the world. The Quilt Show is offering free viewing of over 200 of their shows this weekend, so there is lots to watch while we sew.

I am excited to get my sewing machine out and start creating something. Yesterday was all about putting on the green for St. Patrick's day, and today is all about the red over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. This is what my cutting mat looks like today with partial pieces for another Mad City Mama block. 
Happy Quilting Day!

8 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

Thanks for the tip about The Quilt Show program. I'll have to catch a few to see if I want to subscribe. What great reds for your Mad City Mama. Happy Worldwide Quilting Day.

Frances Meredith said...

Love your red scrap selection!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is too nice today to sit and watch the quilt show - but I will check it out later to see if there is anything of interest to me. It is mid 70's today and taking a break from the garden for just a very short while!

The Joyful Quilter said...

While your cutting mat may not be set for the season, you definitely have some RED going on for the RSC. Looking forward to seeing your block come together!!

Deb A said...

Love the Keep calm and stitch on in the center!

Rachel said...

Very pretty! Love your "keep calm" block and that little ship's wheel!

Missy Shay said...

Too bad I did not realize about the free videos sooner, maybe I can watch some after church tonight.

Kate said...

Lots of pretty reds. Hope you got in lots of stitching over the weekend.