Monday, March 06, 2017

Design Wall Monday - 2016 Aurifil BOM

Aurifil BOM blocks
The 2016 BOM quilt layout was posted over at Pat Sloan's blog and I really like it. I finally got myself organized with the blocks pressed, a light and a red sashing fabric chosen, and got to work putting this quilt top together. 
I didn't organize the blocks in the order of pattern release by month, since I thought some of the blocks were a bit similar and needed to be more separated from each other. 


After deciding on the layout, the next task is to double border each block. I've almost finished bordering half of the blocks.

To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

Jo said...

This is going to look lovely when completed. It amazes me how red and white quilts look so pretty when made

Laura said...

This will be a great red and white sampler quilt!

Judy D in WA said...

This is going to be fabulous. Some day I'll make myself a red and white quilt.
That someday list is getting longer and longer. :)

Cathy said...

Beautiful reds and whites!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I love two color quilts--this one is going to be great!

Susan said...

Great looking blocks - love them in red and white!

Karen said...

I like the red and white stripe in the center of the one block. You got the pieces to line up well.

Mary said...

Red & White Quilts again on your Design Wall. Great combo!

Kate said...

It's going to be another beauty!