Monday, March 13, 2017

Design Wall Monday - Clarissa


Happy Monday
Happy Monday! 
It's going to snow here today and into tomorrow, and I'm supposed to be speaking tonight at the meeting of the Erin Village Quilters. I hope the driving will be manageable for all of us. I am really looking forward to seeing some of my old friends and meeting some new ones. 



I have been busy sewing scrappy quarter square triangle blocks and have finished my 9th block for the Clarissa was a Superstar quilt. This is my leader-ender challenge project, but I like it so much that it sometimes demands to be the primary project. I remind it that it is a leader-ender project and must wait it's turn to be slowly built in between other quilts! Yes, I do talk out loud in my sewing room, and yes there are interesting conversations between me and my quilts!

Here are the 9 blocks on the design wall... wow I love this project! Total triangle tally is 1,296!
To see more design wall posts, hop over to Patchwork Times.

16 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I can see why this quilt wants to be front and centre! Love the colours and how each block looks depending on colour placement.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous project. Snow tonight and tomorrow here as well.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Love...love these blocks Kathy!

Ellen said...

Beautiful! We are supposed to get the worst of it overnight/tomorrow - wishing you safe driving!

Katie said...

Clarissa makes for a great leader-ender and I can see how she wants to move along a little faster. Lovely colours, too. I love how you tally up the pieces. It's not hard to get a hundred or more pieces in a block. Safe driving.

Julierose said...

WOW is right--I love that project too! the soft colors are beautiful--amazing--lots of pieces in those...hugs, Julierose

Julierose said...

P.S. Oh, okay---;))) now you've gone and done it--I MUST make an hourglass --something!! hugs, Julierose (the enableree..lol)

Janet O. said...

I hope you are able to have your meeting and travel safely.
These blocks make me smile. And so does the fact that you have conversations with your quilts. I NEVER do that. No, my conversations are all in the kitchen as I cook. I talk to whatever I am making. Talking to your quilts is weird! *LOL*

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, and I thought my designs has a lot of HSTs, LOL!!

beaquilter said...

awesome blocks

gayle said...

Clarissa always makes me smile! I love each and every block.
(And you should hear how I talk to my quilt projects. Especially those darned monkeys...)

Robin said...

Wonderful progress! They look so pretty all together.

Cathy said...

You inspired me to make a block when you first showed it and I haven't made any since. I need to get moving because I'm inspired all over again! I can work on them whenever...I'm not a leader/ender sort of gal!!

Nell's Quilts said...

What a lot of quilting you've done to get your leader ender project to this stage.

Kate said...

Love this project. The brown and teal is such a pretty color combination. I can understand how this project wants to be a priority.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

coming along great!