Sunday, March 19, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching



Happy Slow Stitching Sunday! 
Welcome to the weekly blog link party celebrating the art of hand stitching. We recognize how long it takes to make hand stitched creations and we want to encourage you along that slow process.
This is what I am working on today with my Life is Beautiful blocks. 
The 4 patch background squares need to be pieced and then I will hand applique the 4 patch circle (on the bottom left) and the strawberry applique (on the bottom right) onto those 4 patch blocks. You can see the small circles in the centre of the photo which will be appliqued onto the corners of the blocks when the whole quilt top is together.  I'm not exactly sure how that's all going to be done yet. I'm taking one slow step at a time!


Also I have been continuing to take one stitch a day (and sometimes a few more) on this project. Here is how my "1 Year of Stitches" embroidery looks today. The pattern is from Wild Olive.





What step are you taking today to move your hand stitching project along toward completion? Go ahead and pick up your needle and thread, and put in some stitches. Take a small step and/or stitch every day!
And then write a blog post about it and link it below. We are cheering for every step you take toward your goal!

   
    An InLinkz Link-up
   

19 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Life is Beautiful is such a wonderful project ; love seeing the progress :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

I ove seeing everyone's slow stitching progress each week. Life is beautiful is coming along very nicely!

Jo said...

Looks like your followers spend a lot of Slow Stitching doing binding....

CathieJ said...

I love your Life Is Beautiful four patch blocks.

Sarah said...

It's an exciting process watching a project unfold and not always knowing where you are going with it! Your Life is Beautiful is going to be amazing.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had some fabric a lot like what you are using - I used it in my winter wonderland quilt last year.

SandraC said...

I'm envious of how far along you are on your Life is Beautiful. I'm almost wondering if I should set a goal with mine, but I'm not going to. It's been a nice little project to do once in a while....It'll get done one day!

KaHolly said...

My handstitching has come to almost a complete halt since I've stopped watching tv. It's the only time I sat still long enough to do any! But yours are so beautiful, I might have to at least schedule one movie a week to sit and stitch!

Ivani said...

Love all the stitching for Life is beautiful quilt. I am sure it will be a treasure! During the week I usually make progress on my cross-stitching during the one hour or so, and this really counts to have they done. Happy craftswoman day!

Deb A said...

I think sitting and stitching is about all the energy I have for today - 2 nights at girl scout camp with 7 girls aged 6-8! We survived... now time to stitch!

Deb said...

I just love your Life is Beautiful blocks, and the 1 year of stitches project is coming along wonderfully.

Teresa Rawson said...

I should be 'slow Sunday stitching' on my quilt, but I am really 'slow Sunday catching-up-with-blogs.' I will stitch later! Your little house blocks are really cool...I love your colorway!

Maker Joy said...

Your Life is Beautiful blocks are lovely. Are you going to do the quilt as you go method or make the entire top first? I am also working on this quilt, but there are a few other stitcheries ahead of it in the queue.

Deanna W said...

There are some really beautiful posts here today as always. I have been very busy and missed posting today..but have no fear I was slow stitching along with you!

Teresa said...

Oh, I do love those four patch circle blocks. What a neat idea! Your embroidery looks beautiful

Sorcha girl said...

Thank you for the progress notes for the Life is Beautiful quilt project. I've been inspired and just received my copy of the book...all the way from Australia! The fabric and the embroidery floss have been purchased with a plan to start stitching this coming Sunday.

Kate said...

The Life Is Beautiful blocks are going to be gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing that quilt come together.

Stephie said...

I love these blocks Kathy, they're going to look so good when you stitch them together. I always feel really encouraged by what everyone shares here, thank you for hosting such a thoughtful party :) x

Miaismine said...

I so love watching your progress on your Life is Beautiful quilt! And don't you just adore Wild Olive? Thank you for hosting this wonderful party and sharing your thoughts on Slow Stitching!