Wednesday, July 02, 2014

UFO for July and Draw Winners

The winners of the draw from Slow Sunday Stitching are...drum roll please... Cynthia, Missy and Margaret. I have emailed you or left you a comment on your blog. Send me your snail mail address and your turtle FQ will be on it's slow way to you! Thanks to everyone for playing along!
And now onto my UFO decision .... at the beginning of the month, I pick which of the UFO's on my list (look on the right side bar) will be the primary focus for that month. July's UFO project will be "Plaid Beauty". 

This quilt was started in a class with Bonnie Hunter in Michigan in 2010 using Bonnie's pattern called "Blue Ridge Beauty". I finished piecing the quilt top this past February and pieced the backing in May.
The next step is pin basting the three layers together.
And guess what?!?
Quilt Cam is on tonight! I'm thinking it would be fun to pin baste this quilt which is a Bonnie Hunter pattern, started in a Bonnie Hunter class, while I listen to Bonnie Hunter on QuiltCam!  
My goal for July is to completely finish this quilt.
To see more UFO promises for July, hop over to A Lovely Year of Finishes link up.  

19 comments:

scraphappy said...

Good luck with your UFO. Is it possible to have TOO much Bonnie?

Dasha said...

That is a lovely quilt Kathy. Good luck with finishing it this month.

Gina said...

great quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish it off xx

Jo said...

Great plan for finishing it off. I'll be watching quilt cam with you. Nice quilt

Deanna W said...

Never enough Bonnie Hunter. One day I would like to take a class with her! Will need my travelling papers though as she almost never comes to Canada!
Good luck with the UFO...maybe you will bring it along in 3 weeks!!!

Your Northern Blog Stalker

Janet O. said...

I admit that basting is my least favorite step, so planning it around Quiltcam would take some of the sting out of it. Good plan!
I love this pattern and it is doubly good in plaids!

Barb said...

Wonderful quilt....I am sure you can get er done!!!

Kindred Quilts said...

There is something about quilts made with lots of plaid fabrics... they look like they are just made to wrap yourself in and be cozy!!! Yours is a beauty!!!

Terri said...

Reminds me of a box of chocolates! MMMMMMMMMMMMM chocolate.
Hugs

Quilting Nonnie said...

I love Blue Ridge Beauty; it's one of my favorite Bonnie Hunter quilts. Someday... Right now I'm doing a leader/ender with Sister's Choice. Lots of fun.I love the colors you chose for your plaid beauty. Not only that, I am a plaid addict. I have yet to make a plaid quilt, go figure. I do have quite a few plaid patterns set aside, but I may just imitate your Plaid Beauty!

Andee said...

LOVE your quilt top! Really looks great in plaids, enjoy quiltcam...think I will be working and will catch it later!

Chantal said...

Congrats to Cynthia!
I love plaid so I have always LOVED this quilt. I mean Blue Ridge Beauty was very beautiful but in plaid, it is soooo much more interesting. I am happy that you decided to work on it because that means we will get more pictures of it in the coming weeks. Yeah!! Good luck with the challenge.

Diane said...

I never met a quilt made with plaids that I didn't like, including this one. It deserves to be finished! Have fun with it.

julieQ said...

OH, I love your current UFO...are you going to hand quilt it? I love those plaids!

Jan said...

Love your version of BRB! Plaids are always a great choice, and so timeless.

Rebecca in AK said...

This quilt is definitely a Plaid Beauty!! I love it!!

Mary said...

What fun we are listening to Bonnie at the same time again. I'm just watching. Still getting used to being home after my long trip.

Missy Shay said...

Thank you!

Kate said...

Love the colors in this quilt. Hope you made lots of progress during Quilt Cam.