Thursday, July 17, 2014

IOP Update


The Indian Orange Peel blocks are coming along amazingly well. After I sew a block, I just stand there staring at it, marveling at the beauty of all the points and the smoothness of the curves. 
Here is the latest finished block. 
I love each and every one of these batik fabrics. YUM!





And here is the next block all prepped and ready to go. I just have to cut around the freezer paper template, and remove the paper from the back of the curved pieced units, and I'm ready for sewing more curves - which I am loving!
I will consider myself an expert when I complete this project, since I will be sewing a total of 120 curved seams!

16 comments:

Jo said...

Oh wow, all those curves. Your points look great.
Lucky you to get to remove all those papers.
Not the best job. Well done

Chantal said...

Yummm! I too love the fabric you have picked for this project. They make such cheerful blocks. Great job.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is so rich! So going to be over the top when done.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Thats a lot of curves! I've got a Drunkard's path WIP that I have a love/hate relationship with due to the curves.

Kate said...

It's obvious that you are really enjoying the process now. Love the colors, it's going to be gorgeous when you've got all the blocks together.

Terri said...

So pretty. Love the colors you are using! Thanks for keeping us in the loop

Nell's Quilts said...

How bright and cheerful. A perfect summer quilt.

julieQ said...

You can do it!! You are a curvy lady...now that did not sound right, did it...but you know what I mean! Looks terrific!

Rebecca in AK said...

I just love these blocks! After 120 curved seams you will definitely qualify as an expert! This quilt is going to be fabulous!

audrey said...

Really incredible blocks. I'm sure you are feeling very accomplished making them.:)

Mary said...

Good going at gaining more confidence with the curves. Reminds me I need to get back to my DWR curves.

Nana said...

I love your enthusiasm. I get that giddy about some of the things I do and wondered if I was the only one. The blocks are beautiful and if I were able to handle the curves as you are doing I would be ecstatic.

margaret said...

points and curves they are super

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Just beautiful...fun to see these as you happily progress : )

Barb said...

this projects looks so great! your colors are so wonderful!

Jean said...

This is going to be a gorgeous quilt for sure. I love it so far and it's nice to share your steps too!