Sunday, July 09, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching


It's finally Sunday - a day of rest, reflection, renewal, and slow stitching! Why not join us as we get out our hand stitching projects and put in a few relaxing stitches?


I finished up the hand embroidery on Joy's Spring stitchalong.  These sweet little blocks are lovely celebrations of spring. I didn't follow the thread colours as recommended. I just picked whatever made my eyes happy from my unorganized box of floss (which you can see in this post).


It has been the perfect takealong project for all the medical appointments I have taken my parents to this spring. It is small and easy to carry in my mesh project bag. Just make sure you don't leave your scissors behind! If you are doing a lot of waiting in your life, you really must have a takealong project bag.  So much can be accomplished in small bits of time, and it is just so relaxing.

What really motivated me to finish up the Spring embroidery is the new 'Tis the Season stitchalong that Joy has posted for Christmas in July. I will get that started for the July project to take to medical appointments.



I have also put a few cross stitches into my spring stamp collection. This week I added a flower pot and a shovel to stamp #2. This block still needs a sun, 2 butterflies, a seed bag, and a bird. Hopefully a few more stitches will be added today.

What are you hand stitching? Please share your instagram or blog post below. Enjoy your Slow Sunday Stitching!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

15 comments:

Kim said...

How pretty your Spring embroidery is, Kathy. It is always so much more fun when you choose your own colour threads.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love your stitchery projects. I'm working on putting sleeves on quilts today, that's all the hand work I have for the moment.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Spring Stitch-along piece is so sweet! It does look like a good one to take with you when you need a portable project. Enjoy your stitching today, Kathy!

Linda said...

Such a good idea to have a take along project for waiting times at appointments.

CathieJ said...

Your Spring stitchery is very pretty. I look forward to seeing your next project.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your spring stitching is lovely! So nice to have a travelling project to bring along to take advantage of those moments when you are waiting.

Kate said...

The spring sampler turned out beautifully. Enjoy your slow stitching today.

Sarah said...

Your spring embroidery is lovely, but your thread box just gives me palpitations! LOL

grammajudyb said...

I have terrible habit of loosing scissors. I usually have my small embroidery scissors on a lanyard. I sometimes walk out wink my “scissor necklace” hanging around my neck, but at least I have them!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Your spring stitch is very cute. I did get a giggle at your floss tin. My counted thread projects have everything stowed neatly in labeled floss bags, but the leftovers from those project are tossed in a tin for surface embroidery and look even worse than yours since there aren't even the remnant of skein labels and bands.

I know the pain of losing your travel scissors. I lost the ones I had inherited from my grandmother when I was in college, then a really nice pair of Ginghers a few years ago. I put decent, but not expensive scissors in my travel bags now and my knitting bag has them leashed to the handle on a long piece of yarn. My embroidery folio has a pocket for them, or when in use, I park them on one of the chart magnets and use the other as a needle minder.

Karrin Hurd said...

Your spring stitchery is lovely! I took my project bag all the way to Santa Cruz and back (7 hour total drive) and didn't do a stitch. Too busy talking to family.

Turid said...

Kathy, I really love your spring embroidery. I'm just learning to embroider. To bring a little project bag with you is a good idea. I always do, and I'm mostly waiting for ferries.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, little projects are great to take along. I used to have a project with me but now I don't really go anywhere that I have to wait :-) Lucky me. Take care!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Spring Sampler looks fabulous, Kathy and your Spring Stamp is looking great. It is so much fun to see your progress. Thank you so much for stitching along with me.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love how your spring stitchalong turned out! And I love the colors you used :) xx