Sunday, July 02, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching


Happy day after Canada Day, and happy Slow Sunday Stitching! And I wanted to wish our American friends a Happy 4th of July for Tuesday! 


I have lots of photos to share about last weekend's Slow Sunday Stitching event to celebrate my friend Debby's birthday. You can probably tell who the birthday girl is (hint - the one with the tiara!) Debby invited family and friends to come and stitch with her and we had such a fun time.


I want to share with you the fun projects everyone brought. Barbara is continuing her embroidery on vintage squares.


Katie was cross stitching and had the pattern on her phone (a download from Etsy). She is going to teach me how to be a modern stitcher and download patterns to devices!


Dorothy was crocheting a pretty blanket for a new baby. She may, or may not, have had to unstitch a bit because she was having too much fun!

Debby also brought a baby project to stitch. This will be a birth sampler which she says will be ready by the time the baby goes to college! 


Jenne was helping her daughter Olivia to crochet turtle parts. That is a lot of body parts on the table - legs, arms, heads, tails, shells... it's a body shop! LOL



Here is a pile of turtle shells waiting to join other body parts. Olivia is making the turtles to raise money for a high school exchange trip to France. She was filling an order from a school teacher who was giving a turtle to each of her students at the end of the year 💜



Olivia sent us this photo of the turtles escaping to attend the end of year party at the school. So adorable and creative! If you would like to purchase a turtle (or a herd) you can contact her mom Jenne on instagram  @shiftcollective.



We even had a painter attend our Slow Stitching day. We welcome all creatives and enjoy seeing what our friends are making with their hands! 


I hope you were inspired by the hands and projects of my friends. 


Today I'll be adding some cross stitches to my Life In Full Bloom mystery from the Fat Quarter Shop


The mystery is long over, and I'm still slowly stitching to finish parts 1 and 2. I enjoyed the flowers at the top, but have disliked the boring blue colour blocks on the sides. I think I will skip ahead to the bottom of the design so I can stitch more fun flowers!

What are your hands stitching today? Please link up your blog or instagram post below and share your projects with us!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate Debbie’s birthday! Lovely stitching projects all around the table!

Cathy said...

Oh, that's looks like a fun party. And what a variety of stitching projects. Interesting! I only know enough local stitching folks for a party of one!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like a fun day! The turtles are so cute - I'm amazed by 3 dimensional crocheted things. Enjoy your stitching today, Kathy!

Sarah said...

Happy Canada day Kathy! It looks like you all had a great time stitching, crocheting, painting!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those turtles are adorable! I've been working on binding a mystery quilt, and hand sewing labels on quilts for entry in the State Fair.

Denise :) said...

You had a ton of great projects being worked on at your Slow Sunday stitch-in! That's always such fun! Those turtles are DARLING! Happy Canada Day, Kathy!! :)

Deanna W said...

What a fun way to spend your birthday with friends and doing what each loves!! I especially love the escaping turtles!! Happy Canada day weekend!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a fabulous birthday celebration for Debbie. So many gorgeous projects was worked on as well. The turtles are so precious! Have a very lovely day.

AnnieO said...

How fun to get to see all these different stitchers' works in progress. Love the turtles and all the colors being stitched in the group

MissPat said...

The turtle parade is adorable. Such a great idea and different from the perennial candy sales (not that there's anything wrong with buying a little chocolate to support the students.)
Pat

Jenny said...

Thank you for sharing the fun you had at your friends birthday slow stitching party, great to see everyone's projects.

Miaismine said...

I love that! A Slow Stitching Birthday Party! The projects are so pretty!
The vintage embroidery project looks so cute and well done!
If I could download cross stitch patterns to my phone, I might just begin cross stitching again! What a great idea! I do miss cross stitching and there are so many cute designs out there!
Dorothy’s crochet pattern certainly caught my eye! Hopefully she didn’t have to pull out stitches.
Such a beautiful birth sampler!
I love turtles! My daughter is a huge fan of turtles. Those would make cute pin cushions!
Love the artwork! Pre-pandemic, we had an artist in our group as well!
Take good care!
Patricia

Jeanna said...

The stitching party was a great idea. As adults we do not often think to have themed parties to celebrate like we did when we were kids. It is also fun to see such a variety crafts being enjoyed.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh my goodness, those turtles escaping are sooo cute!!! xx