Saturday, July 08, 2023

Red Scraps

Two more blocks were made for one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects. This is how my work table looked this morning when I was attending a zoom sew day with my guild.


I did not have enough fabric for the project I intended to work on today, so I got out the red scraps and made 2 more blocks for the scrappy 25 patch star quilt.





Here are the 25 finished blocks on the design wall. 



If I make 2 blocks each month, this quilt will take me forever to finish. I seemed to understand that during green month, but since then I seem to have forgotten! Oh well... my RSC projects take as long as they take and I just enjoy using up scraps in the colour of the month.

Linking up to the scrappy party at Angela's

10 comments:

Jeanna said...

Your blocks are so pretty, Kathy. Those points are perfect!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always enjoy seeing you add more blocks to this quilt project, Kathy! They look like the perfect thing for a zoom sew day. And I agree, these RSC projects will just take as long as they take!

cityquilter grace said...

Pretty indeed!

Jenny said...

I do like your combination of blocks.

Deb A said...

Those two blocks together look wonderful! RSC projects can take years... but it is so fun to see what scraps you were working with a year or two ago =)

Sara said...

My RSC projects often extend into a second year. I really like how those 2 blocks work together.

Warm Quilts said...

Sometimes it helps to see how far you've come, not how far you have to go. Congratulations on completing 25 squares! They are gorgeous.

Nann said...

The stars-and-chains look terrific in rainbow colors!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your blocks are so pretty! Yup - no matter how long it takes as long as you enjoy what you are doing!!! Hugs

QuiltGranma said...

I'm loving your 25 patch and star chain. It will be so pretty when done!