Saturday, July 04, 2020

Scrappy Saturday

July will be the month to sew up our dark blue scraps. I took the opportunity to start the month off by finishing two blue blocks for my Wishing Rings project.


dark blue wishing rings
Last year I started making 9 blocks every month, and in March I started sewing the 9 blocks together. I realized that my blue block collection
needed to be separated into 2 blocks, so I made a dark blue and a medium blue.
I originally sewed these blocks without any planning ahead to how many dark or light rings I was sewing. So when I put them together, in order to continue the light/dark alternate layout, this is how they had to be.

Wishing Rings block collection on the design wall

I plan to make a few more sets of 9 blocks, maybe dark green, grey, and gold and will try to be mindful of the light/dark ring layout issue. But I really love how this project is coming together so far!
What are you sewing from your blue scraps today? Hop over to the weekly link up at Angela's.

12 comments:

Angela said...

What a sweet little collection of blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a fun quilt this is going to be, Kathy. Nice work on stitching up your Dark BLUE additions for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

Sarah said...

This is a fun RSC project. You have a great collection of fabrics!

Lyndsey said...

I love those happy and pretty blocks. They will make into a beautiful quilt.

Louise said...

Such a great design! It's good that you figured out now about the dark/light balance so you can make it work out correctly in the end.

Julierose said...

What a super collection of wishing rings you have going..nice work
~ ~ ~ waving dispiritedly on this 4th~ ~ ~ Julierose;(((

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are great blocks, and like the design you get with alternating the dark and light corners, too!

AnnieO said...

Looking quite charming, Kathy! I never have much in the way of blues in my stash, but the red and green drawers....

linda said...

They all look so pretty!

Cathy said...

Oh, I love these in the nine patch layout!

Cathy said...

That’s a super cute layout for your blocks! It’s so cheerful and happy. Congrats on a great design, Kathy. Can’t wait to see the last three block sets you add.

beaquilter said...

Great blocks!