Monday, July 06, 2020

Unity Update

part 8 blocks
Here are all the blocks for part 8 of the COVID19 Unity mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter. These blocks will be borders on the top and bottom of the quilt top.

Somehow a few of the blocks have the pink and blue flying geese points reversed but I'm blaming COVID life for that. Wait! I need 24 and there are only 23 on the design wall! Of course I am 1 block short... that always happens, even when I am 100% sure that I cut the exact number of pieces I need. Perhaps it has fallen off the cutting table?


Row for part 8 on the design wall
I really like the dark blue in those border blocks, but I'm a little annoyed that the turtles are facing every which way. I'm going to blame COVID for that too! LOL


Lower half of Unity quilt
Now I have to finish up the side borders for part 7 and then I can finish this quilt top. This involves piecing the letters for 2 words. I just finished the 15 letters for "This Little Pandemic Piggy" quilt, so I am all ready to get going on these Unity words.

So excited to be nearing the end of this intensely pieced quilt top. 
Linking up to Small Quilts

8 comments:

For the love of geese said...

This is so pretty.

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful almost finish!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great progress, Kathy! Looking forward to seeing what else this quilt will have to say.

Gretchen Weaver said...

You'll find the lost block after you've sewn a new block, it always works like that. Happy stitching!

Louise said...

I hate it when one block goes missing! There are too many hidey holes in a sewing studio for a block to crawl into. Gretchen is right. If you make another one, the first one will reappear :)

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Covid quilt is looking so beautiful, Kathy! Good luck with finding that last block. When I last had a small block go missing, I found it stuck to my actual REAR END -- I'd set it on the seat of my sewing chair, sat down without seeing it, and then it clung to the back of my pants...

QuiltGranma said...

I am not one who gets upset about directional fabric going different ways. Finished is better than perfect, remember! It will still give hugs to those who snuggle under it. Brave you tackling one of her quilt mysteries!

Kate said...

Unity is looking good! You've done well to get all those blocks stitched up. I always forget how many pieces are in Bonnie's mysteries!