Sunday, July 12, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! We are happy you are visiting with us (especially during COVID times) because we could all use a little cheering up. 


I didn't get to visit the link ups from last week yet because I was away camping. It was hot hot hot! But there weren't many campers in the park, and I was pleased with all the safety protocols that were in place. Also the dog beach was deserted so we had a great time with granddog Max who thought the beach was full of sticks for his enjoyment!

I finished an embroidered tea towel this week.
Stitcher's Revolution tea towels
It seemed to take a long time, but it's done now. I didn't like the outside ring design, but realized after I looked at the finished product, that it is the edge of a pie! Well goodness me... it makes sense now!
I had thought I would stitch one towel each month, and have a dozen or so to give as Christmas gifts, but these two have taken me 6 months to finish. Oh well, that is just the way 2020 is rolling out and we just have to "roll with it"! 


This is what I'm working on today. I have the next towel started and am enjoying the letter stitching.

What are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and cheer us up with your slow progress...



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

10 comments:

Lyndsey said...

The tea towels are very pretty. Max looks very happy with life. We took Scamp for a long walk yesterday and he was able to be off his lead which he loved.

CathieJ said...

I love those finished towels. Your latest is a great sentiment.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we decided to not even go camping this year - it is too hot and humid to camp here comfortably in the summer which is why we travel to do our camping - maybe this fall we will here if the temperatures are better

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those towels - they look fun to stitch! Glad you were able to get out camping and enjoy some time with your family!

Karrin Hurd said...

I didn't realize that was the edge of a pie either. I have done two of the wine ones now, and the breakfast in bed one. Thanks so much for giving us the link to get those transfers~! Glad you were able to get away and enjoy visiting with your family! We have been in the 100's for several weeks, 90's a couple of days, now back to the 100's. I have to get my yard work done early! Happy stitching!

Deanna W said...

With wine as the theme of your newest towel...I think you will have it done in no time!!

Deb A said...

So glad you were able to 'get away' and do something you enjoy. Your tea towel came out great.... I didn't realize that was a pie edge either! Max looks like he had a great time.

Sherrie said...

Hi Kathy,
Love your tea towels...so pretty.
Have a great day!

hetty said...

Love your towels. Especially the wine themed one. What a wonderful beach. Max looks very happy. Of all the things I have had to give up due to my disability, I think I miss camping and nature the most.

Miaismine said...

What a cute little granddog! I have enjoyed following your progress on the tea towels - even sent hubby to pick me up those irons! Thank you for hosting and sharing!