Sunday, December 02, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Happy Sunday! 
It's a day for rest, renewal, and stitching! 
We hope you will join us as we slowly stitch creative projects using needles and threads.



Here is the embroidery block for Gail Pan's 2018 BOM that I was working on this week. The December patterns have been sent out to us and I'm way behind in keeping up with stitching 3 designs per month. But that's okay, because I will continue working on this next year. 
Gail will be releasing a new BOM in the new year with a Christmas theme, but I am going to exercise great restraint and finish the 2018 BOM first!! 
Really, I am! LOL
I have about half of the blocks stitched (see many of them here) including this little cute heart. 


I put stitches into this heart in 3 different cities, including while waiting for my son's return at Pearson International Airport, at the November quilt guild meeting, and while visiting a friend recovering from surgery. When I was stitching, I was reflecting on the loving relationships with the amazing people in my life who fill up my heart. The world is full of people who are angry, self serving, and destructive. But people who are loving, kind, and generous are hard to find, and I was feeling very grateful as I was stitching, remembering all the relationships that add something special to the design of my life.



And what about you? 
Are you enjoying the benefits of hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your projects with us.


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

14 comments:

Birthe Marie said...

The Christmas heart is lovely. It is a good idea to have small embroideries that we can bring with us. :-)

Kathy S. said...

That is so sweet how you think happy thoughts about the relationships that you have of each person. I do that too. People that are loving and kind are hard to find. Hang on to each one. :) Happy stitching!

Created by Kathi said...

Thanks for the heads up on the new stitch along with Gail Pan! I added it to my post so my readers could see it too. :) I love your heart and all the traveling it did this week! Kathi

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

in between outside work and putting up Xmas decorations I think I will work with yarn today - love your redwork

Julierose said...

I truly miss my hand works; but my hands just won't let me--so on to Diamond Painting--which is just a different type of hand work--and it does look like needlepoint when finished--so, i am grateful to have found it...I enjoy visiting all your lin-ettes..;))) hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've really been enjoying Gail Pan's embroidery designs, so a BOM is very tempting!I've enjoyed seeing the ones you're working on. Enjoy your Sunday, Kathy!

Barbara said...

That's a cute piece you're working on.

Denise :) said...

Your Christmas stitching is darling! I struggle with that restraint ... you're a better woman than I! Enjoy your Sunday stitching, Kathy!! :)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

i did it--it has been awhile and I wasn't sure I could remember how to do the link up!!! Love your heart--I enjoy embroidery work too--may have to do some (finish some really) as I don't have a sewing machine right now--so can only do hand work until I get back to Fl--
enjoy a good week--
di

Magpie Sue said...

I may have to look into this BOM series, see if I can still get the patterns. They're charming. I frequently do handwork on Sundays but can't keep up with cheering everyone else on every week so have generally stopped linking up, sad to say.

Karrin Hurd said...

I've been trying to show restraint too but I keep joining things right and left! Love the heart, and that BOM!

Faye said...

Such cute hearts!

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed watching the Save the Bees BOM quilts come together. Very cute and unique!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your version of Save the Bees is wonderful to lookk at. Btw, can you spare some restraint for me! Too many lovely and tempting projects.