Monday, December 31, 2018

Finished Quilt!

It is so rewarding to have my last blog post of 2018 be about a finished quilt! This is "En Provence" which was the Quiltville mystery that started in November 2016.

En Provence

The quilt top was finished in February 2017 which was record time for me (less than 4 months). Then it sat in the UFO closet until it was aged for the perfect amount of time, which was a total of 20 months. In November I got "a bee in my bonnet" and really wanted to finish this quilt before the next Quiltville mystery started. 


The machine quilting took many hours over November and December and it was a joy to work on. The quilt measures 70" square and it was easy to manage the quilting on my domestic sewing machine, so I am encouraged to tackle some of my larger quilts this year.

This is what the quilting design looks like on the back of the quilt. I love this fabric which is from the "Good Neighbors" line by Amanda Jean Nyberg.



For the photo shoot I clipped the quilt to the fence during a rare moment when the sun was almost shining. This is the back of the quilt with the "Good Neighbors" yardage in the centre and leftover blocks and scraps on both sides. Looking at the photos I realize I forgot to put on a label. Again. I will sew one on "tomorrow".
It sure feels great to have a finished quilt on the last day of 2018!
I'm linking up to One Monthly Goal finishing party, and Design Wall Monday over at Judy's. 

35 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish! What a satisfying accomplishment for the end of the year.

Laura said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!

piecefulwendy said...

Boy, is that ever pretty! Congrats on the finish!

Sherry said...

Congratulations on the finish! Beautiful!

Angie said...

Congratulations on finishing En Provence - your version is beautiful!

Deanna W said...

Good job!!! Now onto the next project...something new or something UFO!?!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Good for you Kathy to finish the quilt! It would take time to do the quilting on a domestic. Happy New Year!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Fantastic finish!!

Cathy B. said...

Congratulations! I've followed along but never tackled a Bonnie Hunter mystery, because I always felt my scraps weren't varied enough. Your version gives me hope that I can someday do this! Happy New Year!

Created by Kathi said...

Lovely finish Kathy! :) Congratulations!!! Kathi

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Great job! it is nice to get done with one of the mystery quilts before we start to put together the one for this year - have you made all of Bonnie's mysteries?

Podunk Pretties said...

This is so pretty! Don't you just love that pieced border? I think it makes the quilt very unique. Well done!

Debi said...

I love your quilt! Your quilting is beautiful.

Maureen said...

So that's what my UFOs are doing....aging the perfect amount of time! I think some of them are about there!

Rose Marie said...

A great way to end the year ..... well done and I love your quilt!

Judy D in WA said...

Perfect way to end the year! It's beautiful. You quilting really is wonderful.

MissPat said...

Ah, ah, ah. It's not "finished" until you put on the label. Don't wait, do it this week. I really like your more limited color scheme. Mine is still aging to perfection.
Pat

Kevin the Quilter said...

It is a beautiful and well deserved finish for your Kathy! Love that pieced backing too! Happy New year!

Nann said...

Congratulations, Kathy! The soft border print sets off the blocks so nicely. And, of course, I just love that pieced back. Happy 2019!

Brenda said...

Congratulations on your finish. Your quilting looks great!

Miaismine said...

Oh my! The colors, the quilting, the pattern....gorgeous! Congratulations!

Fiber Babble said...

Congrats on finishing - I'm impressed, a real finish-finish, not just the top! (Okay, so now you know how I roll)

It's lovely, both the colors and workmanship.

Happy new year!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! What a brilliant way to finish 2018.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yippee! Just under the wire for this year.

Teresa said...

Beautiful quilt and I like your quilting pattern.

Angie in SoCal said...

Beautiful, beautiful. Love your background fabric. A great way to end the year.

Louise said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish, Kathy! I love your En Provence and am glad to hear how much you enjoyed quilting it up. Happy New Year!

Birthe Marie said...

Congrats on a wonderful finished. It is so beautiful. Happy New Year!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulation on a fabulous finish!

beaquilter said...

Your en Provence quilt looks great. I bet it can all be done with accuquilt!

Patty said...

Just gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Loooove it!!! and you are right - A perfect finish to this year!!

Kate said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish!

Sue McQ said...

Absoluteley a star!

Kristin said...

Congratulations on a finish. It's a beautiful quilt, from the colors to the quilting. xoxo