Sunday, December 16, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party!

Are you getting all worked up about all the things you have to get done at this time of year? I usually get stressed around mid December and gradually start to scale back my grandiose Christmas projects. Reluctantly, I slowly become more realistic about what can actually be accomplished in the time I have available. 
My gift giving goals this year are:
1) not order anything on line and instead support small local businesses that I want to see continue, and 2) not go into a mall. It makes me happy to have my gift giving plan fit together with my personal values. I am making a few gifts, but can't show them on my blog until after the holidays. 
In the meantime, I am doing a bit of embroidery for relaxation. It's a great take along project, but you can see by the lack of stitches that I haven't had much waiting time this week. I'll put in some stitches today and remind myself to relax and enjoy the gifts of the season.
What are you working on? Are you feverishly trying to finish gifts you are making for the holidays? Share your projects with us below.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   


11 comments:

Kathy S. said...

I need to shop for some frames for gifts this week. Relax is a good word for this week. Happy stitching, Kathy.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Secret sewing going on here too. I still have a few more projects to make this week . Yikes. The deadline is looming. Today, I will be adding a label and a hanging sleeve to one gift and finishing off Frank. I hope you have time to relax and do some slowstitching today!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am not working on Christmas presents today but I am working on binding for a quilt for my granddaughter that is not a Xmas present but just finished at this time of year.

CathieJ said...

There isn't much down time for stitching this time of year. I've been buying online and we are heading out to the outlets today. There aren't many small shops nearby here, but I did buy a couple of items in a local Amish Craft Barn. No last minute crafts here. I look forward to seeing that embroidery.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I try not to make promises re stitching for Christmas gifts...past Christmases when I did it got too stressful for me. But I love to read about what others are making and gifting. Relax is good; we must enjoy our time.

Karrin Hurd said...

I feel as you do, avoid the mall at all costs. I have made a lot of gifts this year and will finish as soon as I get my machine back tomorrow. Love your RELAX!

Sarah said...

I like your sentiment, support the high street as much as possible!

Marti said...

I like your idea to support local businesses with your Christmas shopping. There are so few locally owned businesses anymore.

Jenny said...

Like you, I hate the hustle and bustle of shopping malls. Too busy, too noisy, goodness I'm sounding like an old grouchy now!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I like the shopping, but I don't have many to shop for. I do like going to the mall just once to see the decorations, hear the music and be a donor for the Angel tree. But, like you, I spend most of my holiday dollars at smaller, local businesses. I usually ask DH for something from my local quilt shop too.

Deanna W said...

I scaled way back on my plans for homemade things. I did get a couple finished though.Yes this week is hectic...mostly because I thought I had another week before the big day! YIKES!!!! Good luck getting everything done and do remember to relax too! Merry Christmas my friend!!!