Monday, December 10, 2018

Design Wall Monday - Arrowhead Blocks

Since finishing 2 quilt tops this month (Save the Bees and Secret Santa) my design wall was left empty for a moment. So I searched for my blue Anita's Arrowhead blocks (pattern here) and got to work on those. I have sewn the 9" blocks into 3 long panels that are 2 blocks wide by 8 long. 
As first this quilt was going to be 30 blocks, but I liked the project so much, I had to keep going. I've made over 50 blocks, and have decided I need to make just a few more! 
The plan of the moment is 7 blocks across and 9 blocks down for a total of 63. That will make a quilt that is 63" x 81". I have enjoyed working on this project from start to finish and am already thinking about how I will quilt it.
Hop over to Small Quilts to see more design wall posts.

8 comments:

Alison V. said...

This is truly lovely! All of the different shades of blue play so well together!

Jay said...

I like your version best by far. Tell me: how big a square did you start with, to wind up with a 9" finish? (Math-challenged here!)

Sara said...

Really pretty with all the different shades of blue.

beaquilter said...

These are just awesome!

Julierose said...

Did you pre-starch your fabrics as Anita Suggests in her book? I tried it on a few samples and the fabric feels like paper...but the blocks do line up nicely...
I think your Arrowheads are just lovely..this will be a great quilt...hugs, Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

These blocks are truly lovely, what a beautiful quilt they will make.

Karen said...

Very pretty in the blues.

Louise said...

I completely understand why you wanted to make this one bigger! Lovely blocks in lovely blues. Are you thinking about border or no border?