Sunday, December 30, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Can you believe it's the last link up of the year for the Slow Sunday Stitchers?!? We have put hundreds, perhaps thousands of stitches in our projects this year, and this is traditionally the time when we pause to recognize our achievements from the past year. I did not finish any hand stitched projects this year, but put stitches in several different multi-year projects that I am enjoying. 

Next week I'll write about my slow stitching goals for 2019, but today I'm writing about my big quilting accomplishment this month, which is finishing on my version of En Provence. This was the Quiltville mystery in 2016, and by the end of 2018 it will be a finished quilt. SO excited about that! The binding is attached, the pink threads have been chosen, and I will spend many relaxing hours today and tomorrow hand stitching the binding to the back of the quilt. It's my favourite slow stitching activity and I've been looking forward to it!


This will be my view for the next few hours. I plan to be drinking tea, visiting the link ups below, and watching old home videos. That's the perfect way to end the year (for me)!

How are you spending the last Slow Stitching Sunday of 2018? Link up your blog post below and share your project with us. My wish for all of us is to be blessed with many happy creative moments spent with needle and thread as we wrap up another year of living and stitching!


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

14 comments:

Sarah said...

What a lovely day you are going to have! And a great way to see out 2018! Thanks for being a great slow Sunday stitching host!

Karrin Hurd said...

Can't wait to see the whole quilt. Thanks so much for being the Slow Stitching host. Love seeing everyone's projects each week!

Created by Kathi said...

Hope you enjoy your binding... I love the finishing part of a quilt as well! I had a great time being inspired by your post to write my own.. Thanks for all your encouragement with Sunday Linky Party... hope it continues in 2019 also as I really look forward to this <3 Kathi

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

enjoy the binding - happy New Year, thanks for the weekly motivation to do hand work

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

If it all works out, I'll have one project hand stitched before the end of the year. I'm hoping to get the blocks stitched together, into a quilt top, too. I'm almost there......

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on getting to the binding stage. Definitely a great reward for getting to the end of a quilt. Enjoy your time admiring all your handiwork.

The Cozy Quilter said...

The pink binding is the perfect finishing touch for your last project of the year! Thanks so much for hosting Slow Sunday Stitching each week!

MissPat said...

Ah, En Provence. Mine is a flimsy waiting for quilting inspiration, But I did finish putting on a pieced border for a quilt I took a class for this year. It sat because I put one side on backward. Fixed that one than discovered the last side was sewn together totally wrong and needed to be unsewn and redone. That's accomplished and now the pieced border is complete. Needs to more borders I mulling over which fabrics to use since the main section is a rainbow colored storm at sea. Thanks for hosting Slow Sunday Stitching.
Pat

Julierose said...

Lovely En Provence quilt--I did a few short hand quilting lines before I went to sleep last night and--yup sore today--so resting again for a couple days...This ensures that all my hand quilting projects are REALLY LONG TERM>LOL
Hope you enjoy your slowing down today hugs, Julierose

Marti said...

Congratulations on your finish! I love the colors in your En Provence, and the backing is terrific. Enjoy your day watching videos. I'm watching old videos too, but not of family.

Miaismine said...

Lovely project and link up! Your quilt is so lovely as is your selection of thread. Your description of your next few days sounds lovely! Enjoy!

Deanna W said...

Sadly I will be spending this afternoon in a funeral home. I have two funerals to attend. Not a great ending to the year. But in cleaning out my bedroom for renovation, I did find a cross stitch project that has been in limbo for 11 years...I think it is time to tackle it and get it done...2019 might be the year! Great finish on your En Provence...love those colours!

Edie said...

What a wonderful finish to the year. Love your fabrics. I am going to spend this blustery winter day doing non-sewing decluttering. Happy New Year! raydeer@memlane.com

Deb A said...

Thank you so much for hosting this wonderful link up each week and encouraging us to take time and breath and enjoy the little stitches of life. May you have a Happy and Healthy 2019.